“Credit card problem”

Sorforras Etterem es Rendezvenyterem
Ranked #427 of 3,408 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Be creful if paying with a credit card. The waiter swiped my card 4 times and told me the card was no good. I gave him another card- also no good. Then I told him sorry but I have no cash- suddenly the card worked. I called the credit card company , being concerned that there was a problem with my card. They told me that no one even requested a payment from that location.
\Otherewise ,it was not bad. But honesty was lacking.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We normally would never go for a set menu especially when the board outside says "Tourist menu".

However the dishes served were all local such as: Goulash soup, chicken paprika with gnocchi and pancake with jam. We were very keen to try all these out. The cost was 2900 HUT.

You can also order each of these dishes a la carte but the price is much more and the serving sizes are also bigger. Most people around us opted for the tourist menu.

We sat outside so we could enjoy being on the main shopping street as well.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Sorforras was such a fun night out as the restaurant is very lively and has such a great atmosphere with the help of a very entertaining musician who plays wonderful music in the background. We particularly wanted to eat tradition Hungarian food whilst we were in Budapest and we made the right choice coming here as the food was delicious. Each course we ordered was very good and freshly prepared and the Goulash so yummy! The restaurant itself is nice and looks quite quaint, we would recommend anyone wanting to try Hungarian food in Budapest to give this restaurant a try as you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Amyskye
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food/service was average/edible. We are not picky when it comes to experiencing other cultures cuisine. HOWEVER, we do expect even as tourists we would be treated with honesty. When it came to paying the bill, we gave the manager/owner our credit card. He swipe the card with his machine at our table, however preceded to say the card was refused. He offer to try again, and once again state the card was refused. We ended paying in cash, with the suspicion he did not want the payment in the form of a credit card. We later checked with our credit company after returning to our hotel, and the representative state the card was never even charged. It was a FAKE swipe of the card at the restaurant, because they wanted cash. IF this is the case why have the sign of the VISA/MASTERCARD?? BEWARE!!! SHADY!!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been in Budapest for 3 days with my mother and we ate twice in that restaurant. The food was really tasty, the staff was kind to all the client and there was live music which was superb and was played by a traditional music instrument. You should visit that place!