“Good food, nice interior.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ARAZ Bistro

ARAZ Bistro
Ranked #1,156 of 3,092 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
“Good food, nice interior.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I like the place, the cuisine is exceptional (compare to an average). The interior give a special atmosphere to eat something special.
The service is quite friendly, give helpful advices what you should taste.

“Fine dining at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The decor and the food was only eclipsed by the service. The maitre d was charming and gracious and the fois gras bought tears to our eyes. World class

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Go for the set menu. You"ll not need to eat for ages afterward and you will only spend £10 per head.

Visited September 2012
Hobart, Tasmania
“BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ORDER OR JUST DON'T GO THERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Having read above reviews I can't believe we went to the same bistro. The only positive was the decor & wine. I have NEVER left a meal untouched but my entree of haloumi cheese was like leather & I re-checked the menu for my main course as it didn't look anything like what I thought I had ordered. one mouthful & I could not eat this course at all. We were ignored for quite a considerable time once it was obvious we hadn't touched our meals (travel friend ordered salmon gnocchi, which was also unpleasant). I queried the fact we were charged for meals which were clearly inedible & the maitre'd just hummed & ignored me. we couldn't leave this place quickly enough. A very disappointing eevening compared to our other beautiful dining experiences in Budapest.

kalteneckerarpad, Manager at ARAZ Bistro, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Dianne029 and Virginia15,

I am sorry that you had experienced problems in Araz Bistro and sorry that both of you had to write about the same incident.

I have checked with the chef and the waiter who was working on that night.
We made correction on the menu card to make sure that all meals are explained in detailes and the staff can describe the special Hungarian disches to our guests properly.

I know my colleagues very well and I am sure that you misunderstood the situation and there might have been a problem with the communication. In the very rare case of acomplaint we never charge for the meal or offer alternative dish with no cost. A lot of clients tasted the dishes you mention in your review and none of them complained about the quality.

Again I apologize on behalf of the team.

Best Regards
Arpad Kaltenecker
Hobart, Australia
“Terrible meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

After having two superb meals in Budapest over the last two nights, we unfortunately had the most terrible meal this evening. The Hungarian goulash was below average and just heated through. The haloumi was very tough and could not be eaten. The gnocchi salmon dish was tasteless and drowned in sauce. To top this eventful meal off was the awful main course presented to my travel firend which was burnt pork confit sitting on something that looked like vomit and did not look like what it was meant to be. When we tried to explain our disappointing meal to the Maitre'd, he hummed and was not prepared to listen to us. He was also aggressive and just wanted our money. My advice is do not eat there, as there are far better restaurants in Budapest.

• Visited June 2012
Dear Dianne029 and Virginia15,

I have checked with the chef and the waiter who was working on that night.

Again I apologize on behalf of the team.

Best Regards