“Excellent Stay”
Review of Bohem Art Hotel

Bohem Art Hotel
Ranked #13 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and recommend it highly. Overall, the hotel is conveniently located, clean, "cool" for lack of better word, filled with friendly staff, and provided an amazing value for the money.

Positives:
- The buffet was excellent and included several different fresh and delicious options. It always made for a great start to the day.
- The decor was very modern and hip and the rooms while on the cozy side, typically found in Europe, were very well done and my friend and I had a nice view onto a courtyard.
- The hotel was only a block or so from the river.
- It was very competitively priced for the level of service and the overall experience.
- The staff is super friendly, speak great english, and were very helpful.
- Loved the free wifi and we also got a package deal with a free drink upon arrival and a one-way ride to the airport. Loved all the little things included that made us feel welcome and appreciated.

Negatives:
- Really the only negative was the hotel, while close to the spas and citadel, was slightly far from Parliament and the Chain Bridge. My friend and I did not mind it at all as we are both active twenty-somethings who loved to walk along the river, but wanted to point it out.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Elyse C

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, friendly, warm and welcoming. Not only do you get a nice room in a great location, right on the river, but the hotel provide free pick up from the airport, free drink on arrival and a fantastic breakfast including champagne! I couldn't find fault with our stay and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in this great city

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank khef
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very cool, great location, the service is magic, the rooms look great, the breakfast is wonderful - really superb in every way.

A real discovery, a great alternative to the 'grand' hotels in Budapest.

Room Tip: 405 is great
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Cath19477
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Spent two nights here with friends. A perfect location for sightseeing. The hotel is charming with friendly professional staff. Breakfast buffet is very large and looked delicious but after two weeks of eating in Hungary could never manage more than a coffee and a piece of fruit. My loss I feel.

I was very impressed by the following: having booked two superior rooms in my name I was a little surprised to find that my room was much smaller than my friends' and barely large enough for our suitcases. I mentioned this to the staff at reception (politely) and asked if there was something a little larger- not a problem and we were moved to a room the same size as our friends. Still not large but this is a city hotel- so was very happy. Nice eclectic decoration and spotless. Should I go back to Budapest I would certainly stay there again

Room Tip: corner rooms ending in the number 5 tend to be larger
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mintybutton
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Excellent hotel as very close to all the attractions of old city. Many restaurants close by and Vaci Street just around the corner. Rooms are small but very comfortable and clean. Great breakfast , lots of yummy options including Fresh Orange Juice!! made by yourself. I wonder how many kilos of oranges are squeezed daily.... Free bottle of water daily.
Staff very nice and helpful. Parking not far from the hotel, for extra as was mentioned in the useful information, payment by cash ( we used euros) City tax of 4% was not included in the price and is payable on departure. Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ania24
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were in Budapest for 4 days at the Bohem Art Hotel. The location could not be better. Although the room was small, it was very clean with all the amenities that you needed. The safe in the room was a definite plus. The breakfast buffet was large with enough variety to satisfy even the pickiest eater. Because we were leaving at 3:30 AM, we were given a boxed breakfast to take with us. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They were especially helpful in arranging a tour for us and recommending a traditional Hungarian restaurant which was the best meal that we had in Budapest. This hotel is well worth a return visit next time we are in Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DoxieRoxy
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I just spent four nights here and was very pleased with the hotel. Loved the artwork and decor. The staff was wonderful and accomodating. Our room was small, but very functional. Complementary breakfast was a great perk. I would gladly stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014