“Highlight of the trip - ride around the Danube at night.”

Budapest Bike Day Tours
Ranked #36 of 117 Outdoor Activities in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Budapestbike bike & walking tours in Budapest and other places in Hungary. Our principal is not to tour just around pattern tourist lines but to show the real face of Budapest/Hungary. We provide convenient, high-end bikes and professional tour guides.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We took a tour with Marton and he was great.

Covered the history of Budapest along with showing us lots of swimming pools, etc. that we would have missed if he hadn't told us they were there. Also, just a tip - we kept our bikes after the tour and biked around the Danube at night. Staying in the city you might miss just how amazing the city is when lit up at night so whether you bike around or take a cab, definitely go for a ride!

Biking around at night was a highlight of the trip and if you are out on a Tuesday night stop by Romekert for a drink. Cool bar right off the Danube.

1  Thank tbooneus
"the river"
in 4 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 28, 2013

As soon as the guy realised I was cycling reasonably far around the city he made sure I was properly equipped with a repair kit, helmet, lights and lock with no extra charge. Very happy with his English and customer service. If I ever need to rent a bike in Budapest again, I'll know where to go.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My dad, brother, future sister-in-law, boyfriend and I went on a bike trip to Szetendre. It ended up being a 50km trip! My dad has NEVER rode on a bike before in his life, so he and my boyfriend rode on a tandem - I did my research and Budapest Bikes is the only place that has tandem bikes! We all had a great time, definitely a highlight of our trip in Budapest! Szetendre was beautiful, and our guides (Zoltan and Dorian) took us to a microminiature museum and marzipan museum, the marzipan museum was just alright, but the micromini was incredible!! so much cooler than lots of bigger museums in budapest, all these artworks are carved on tiny items like hairpins or a piece of hair! Zoltan was knowledgeable and told us interesting things that we haven't heard about in other tours and was very personable. And Zoltan and Dorian took great care of us (because Budapest traffic can be crazy) getting us on bike paths when possible, and having one person leading the way, and one person bringing up the rear. Go here if you want to rent bikes or go on a beautiful bike tour in budapest!!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The bikes are great quality and the service is some of the friendliest in Budapest. Rented two bikes with my girlfriend for 2 days and had no problems. Budapest is a great city to bike around, but if your gonna rent them overnight you have to find a place where they will be locked safely. There's no insurance and the safety deposit is about 3x the cost of renting a bike for one day. But bring it back safely and the entire deposit gets refunded. Enjoy.