“Need to leave the Mundane? Look no further!!!”

Carpe Noctem Hostel
Reviewed May 24, 2013

So looking for the best experience in your life...? well look know further Budapest is one of THE most amazing cities in the world from 3000 year old roman baths to amazing ruin bars where the furniture is all hanging from the roof! and this is only the city, if your LUCKY enough to stay at Carpe Noctem you will be living with the most amazing and crazy people in the world! the staff are AMAZEBALLS to having events planned each night for you (which will indeed toughen your liver to its limits by the end!) to being able to chill in your underwear all morning listening to music and nursing your hangover together! I could not recommend anywhere any more highly, It's been two weeks since I was there and I am already planning my next trip back! cant wait to get back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Best atmosphere, felt like a break from hosteling and more like a share house of 25 friends. The staff are more like friends and the organised activities are fun. We found ourselves hanging in the common areas all the time. Would definitely stay here next time I come back to Budapest.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Lets start with the kitchen... Non stick pans are legit. Stove gets hot enough to cook anything from the market! Anything... Often the hostel has dinners that brings everyone together! The staff does everything they can to make you feel at home, whether its giving you a towel for the baths, history lessons before you visit memorials and monuments or help you plan your future travels. They become your friends. For real. There is no checkout. You can hang around talking in the hostel all day if you can't make it out due to the night before. But, different parties every night with all of your newfound friends. It's a smaller hostel so you get to know everyone quickly and it really feels like your home in Budapest. I planned for only a few days in Budapest but stayed 2 weeks mainly because of this hostel and the amazing staff. This happens to more travelers than not. Also, Claudia is the best person in the world. End of story.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kaygeewhy
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Carpe Noctem was by far my favorite hostel in Europe. The staff were very hospitable and made sure everyone felt right at home. Every night is planned out by the hostel workers (who are freaking awesome) and everyone is rounded up to head out and party. Nightlife is awesome!! Sick bars in old communist buildings with awesome interior design..Not to mention how cheap drinks are! In the daytime everyone recovers together. Awesome music is played throughout the hostel (Beatles, doors, daft punk etc) and you chill and get to know everyone you partied with the night before. Daytime trips also recommended by the hostel workers. I, like many others, have yet to remove my carpe noctem wristband in hopes of being taken back someday. The staff is awesome and I can't stress that part enough! If you're looking to meet awesome people from all over, party hard at night, chill all day (or go sightseeing which there is plenty of to do) in a cozy hostel with awesome people-- carpe noctem is the place to be. Love it and can't wait to return. Like the Eagles lyrics painted above their door read "You can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave!"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It has been four days since I left Carpe Noctem. Yet I'm still wearing the purple wristband they gave me on my first night, because I'm really hoping that if I ever get lost, someone will drop me off on their doorstep in Budapest and buzz me back in.

If you love meeting new people and having the time of your life, you would be nuts to not stay here while in Budapest. The staff are absolutely wonderful people and gave my two friends and I perfect recommendations of sights to see and places to eat in the city. Each night, we went out with a slightly different experience (magic baths, jager train — everything the other reviews discuss) but had endless fun each time. The hostel itself is very clean and centrally located. But as I already mentioned, the people who work and stay here will truly make your experience; they are so warm and welcoming you will never want to leave.

Basically, I can't wait to come back. Seize the night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I am in love with this hostel! I cannot say enough amazing things about it. Carpe Noctem bills itself as a party hostel and definitely delivers offering pub crawls, party boat, party bus, and a trip to the thermal baths at night for a Magic Bath party. Definitely not to be missed!

The hostel itself has a limited number of beds, which makes it really easy to meet other guests and really get to know the amazing staff. Everyone working at Carpe Noctem genuinely loves being there and it is evident from the moment you walk in the door until you have to say goodbye to your new friends that have made you feel like family. I even extended my stay because I wasn't ready to leave!

While it is a party hostel, the festivities take place in other locations, providing for a great night's sleep and allows for exploring the amazing city of Budapest or relaxing at the hostel the next day. I felt very safe during my stay not only in the hostel itself, but also while traveling throughout the city as the staff does an amazing map reading to help familiarize you with the city and useful locations & information.

Staying at Carpe Noctem allowed me the chance to see and do everything I wanted plus more during my last stay and I cannot wait to return to have another amazing experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meagan L
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It was a really nice place to be, they offer a whole bunch of activities and specially if you're looking to party. The staff is really nice, they want to make sure that guests have a good time and meet a lot of nice people. Really good experience, definitively recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013