“Excellent location but not for light sleeper.”

La Prima Fashion Hotel
Ranked #51 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Breakfast was tired compared to every other better hotel I've stayed at in Europe. Something was making noise in corridor so could not sleep until hotel offered me another room. Not either were suitable for a light sleeper like me. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Miksu8
Mellowmood_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at La Prima Fashion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Miksu8,

Thank you very much for sharing the good and bad aspects of your stay equally! We have, thanks to guests like yourself kindly warning us about the issue, greatly improved our soundproofing technologies, and the breakfast service is way more organised, and better!

We would like to see you again in the future, so that we could show you how far your feedbacks can really reach!

There are newer reviews for La Prima Fashion Hotel

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The rooms were good with great ac, clean and welcoming. Also nice and quiet. The staff was accommodating. The breakfast was good and overall the location was excellent! We were right off Vacia area and the other way the riverfront. Just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_Mellowmood, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at La Prima Fashion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Dear agave5vagabond,

We are happy to read about your good experience! We are always delighted to read reviews of satisfied guests; what it means to us is that we are getting closer to the quaity we would want to please our guests with!

Thank you for your words of kindness!

With Best Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights, the location is perfect, decor is ok, wifi is good, climate control good, service is ok, the cleanliness is ok but the wash basin and bath were a complete nightmare! Even if using it for the smallest time, the water would just stand in the wash basin but worse was that during a bath you would stand in the tub with all the dirty water standing at your feet till you got out of the tub or waited as much as 10+ minutes for the water to finally drain out, still the soap and dirt in the water would stay put. When we enquired about it with the hotel staff, they said they had strong filters fitted in all rooms!!! Breakfast is ok and is supposed to be served till 1030, but on going at 10, I was told that the scrambled eggs, brown bread and bakery are finished. On the second say, we went in early at 9 and asking about the eggs (finished agan) were told that they had a mistake and have run out of eggs for the day. on telling the reception staff, he offered us free breakfast room service next day, normally charged at 10 Euro. On another day, a sign is put up at the entrance to the breakfast room asking guests to wait outside since all the tables are full, however when many of us went in not too long after, the room was at least 1/4 empty. We were supposed to receive 2 bottles of water everyday but they had to be called twice for the first 3 days for this, citing they had some issues with water delivery which was fine on the 4th day now. We have never experienced such service before and especially not from a 4 star hotel. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank cakelady_2104
Manager_Mellowmood, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at La Prima Fashion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Dear cakelady_21O4,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts here. I was sorry to read that you weren’t satisfied with our service! We strive to provide excellence in every way, and this is not the true reflection of the services we are very proud of.
On our next training i'll speak to our staff about the problems you mentioned!
We take all your words with the utmost seriousness, and we sincerely hope, that you will give us the chance to better serve you in the future.

With kind regards,
La Prima Team

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Pros: Location, one employee, welcoming lobby area to sit (when they don't have all the lights out after 12am), breakfast

Cons: Amateurish/rude/unfriendly employees and front desk manager, chocolates left in room for sale (smells up the entire room), Wifi, costs (paid over $100US per night for a hotel front desk run by amateurs was not pleasant), housekeeping

The location is great. This is coupled with the one employee who consistently personified what the hospitality industry should be about. He really helped me out of a bind I had with my previous place of lodging which is explained in the previous write-up (a very scary scenario occurred). He was professional, friendly, and empathetic.

The lobby is welcoming although at night (when the front desk guy with the glasses works), he turns off the lobby lights around 12am. Since Wifi doesn't work in the room there are a lot of people who use the lobby for this. The one night there were half dozen people sitting in the dark talking or on their computers. Maybe he should have been cognizant of this, as he was behind the front desk, but this must be his way of having no visitors handing around….just my theory.

Room was small but met my needs to just come and go. Not big enough for two people and it was a double bed.

Wifi is abysmal at best. Most of the time I had to go to the lobby to check my emails or to do any work. When this was mentioned I was told there is a different router for the fifth floor and to look for a network that showed up twice in the 4 days I was there and that was for fleeting moments. Don't plan to check e-mail except in the lobby as many other people obviously had to do. I have a laptop, iphone, and Ipad and this was the case with all of them so it wasn't my device.

As for the rudeness of the employees, after being in Budapest for a week, and not being the first time, I have come to the conclusion it is their culture. Unfortunately the employees are all very young and are obviously not trained, or suited, for the hospitality industry. It is their culture though but this is a warning. I have been to over 80 countries and trying to identify a ruder one and the only one that comes to mind is France but even there it was not a consistent rudeness.

The first morning housekeeping didn't come by so I went down the hall and asked her for two coffee packets. She yelled and said later. Two hours later when I came back, late in the afternoon, the room still wasn't made up and still no coffee. I ended up going out for coffee. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said they only leave it once they clean the room. So, very late in the afternoon my room was clean, coffee there, and the "morning" British News pamphlet was on my desk (it was the only day of three I received this). The second day I asked for towels/toiletries and didn't bother with the cleaning lady.

The reason for the three star rating is that it seems the rude/unfriendly service may be average for Budapest.

If it was just the hotel workers that were so rude I would have rated it a 2/5. I am hoping that the workers in the tourism industry are not representatives of the entire population albeit they idealistically should be the friendliest and most hospitable.

Room Tip: Make sure to not get a room on the 5th floor if you need to be connected to Wifi as it won't hap...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Comfortable, good located hotel with stilish rooms. Good breakfast, friendly staff. I can recommend for both short and long stay. Located in city center near Erzhebet bridge. A lot of sightseeing in walk distance. Safebox in the room. No parking, because pedestrian area around hotel. Good parking is 7 min away.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Кирилл М,

Thank you for your fantastic review!
We were happy to have the opportunity to host you.
You are welcomed any time in our hotel.

Kind regards,
La Prima Team

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Charming hotel, but the rooms are very small and bathroom even too small! After having taken a shower, the whole bathroom is wet.Location excellent, near the shops and lots of restaurants. The staff is very helpfull.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear josianeaBredene,

Thank you for your feedback! We will seek a solution for keeping the floor dry in the bathroom! We are also happy that our location was helpful to you, and that our staff could successfully help you make the most of your holiday in the city!

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed for a week and wanted somewhere that would allow us to explore the city and also be in a suitable location for transport links to the Hungoraring for the F1. The metro was a short walk from the hotel and provided great transport links.

A lovely boutique hotel, with friendly and helpful staff.
The location is perfect for a city break, within walking distance to all attractions, almost on top of the main shopping and eating street, yet silent at night.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and the bathrooms modern.

The bar area is part of the reception rather than a separate bar, making it feel like a nightcap was only available in the foyer.

The only down side to this hotel for me would be that there was no complimentary water, tea or coffee in the rooms. Everything provided in the rooms came at a charge.
The tea that was available at breakfast was fruit or earl grey - this is the norm for the country. Personally I like a breakfast tea.
And the bed and pillows were somewhat on the hard side.

Otherwise a gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Speak to reception when ordering your room, posters in the lifts, give info on room upgrades for rom...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experiences here! It was a complete delight to read that you had a fantastic time with us! Your praising words ensured us, we are on the right way. Quality is our top priority, and I am very grateful that our work has been appreciated. It would be honestly a privilege to host you again, when you are next in Budapest.

With kind regards,