“Brand new stylish hotel in a great location”

La Prima Fashion Hotel
Ranked #53 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hotel had only been open for a few weeks when I spent my 4 nights Easter break here in April.

Highlights
- Location: In a side street just off Váci utca – I walked everywhere I wanted in this lovely city. Public transport also easily available.
- Chic decorations and designs: The same theme throughout the hotel.
- Breakfast selection.
- Very quiet at night: My room was facing the backyard and I had no problems with noise even with the window open (I’m a light sleeper and always use my ear plugs).
- Free high speed wifi in the room.
- 2 computers for free use in the reception area.
- Cleanliness.

Lowlights:
- Hard beds.
- Upon check out not possible to pay using the local currency when paying with credit card even if I specifically said I wanted to. I was charged in Euros.
- The breakfast room is too small it does not have the capacity it should have compared to the number of rooms in the hotel.
- No wifi in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Friendly welcome on check in, comfortable rooms, perfect location for business and tourists along with varied breakfast offering. The hotel is a few paces off the main shopping street and five minutes stroll in the opposite direction and you're on the banks of the Danube and on a very hot June afternoon the air-con in the room was very much appreciated. My two requirements of a comfy bed and a shower that wakes me up in the morning were well catered for and I will certainly be staying here next time I'm in Budapest and have recommended to my colleagues.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2011

No laundry facilities, no ice or ice machine available to rooms, tiny rooms.Good Breakfast.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

On the one hand, the hotel is nicely decorated, has an excellent location in the centre of the city, free wireless and tasty strawberry jam in the breakfast buffet.
On the other hand, the shower did not drain, the shower cap package was stained and the receptionist made me feel uncomfortable, as if I had been late for our check-in appointment.
Certainly not a bad hotel, actually rather good, but I still most likely will look for something else next time I visit Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I come to this new hotel after seeing all the recomendation in the Tripadvisor. It's a new born boutiqe hotel (3 month) which has all the advantages possible. We choose rooms with shower and one for a disable coupe who came with us. All was excellent and everybody was delighted with the staff care we received. REALLY BABYSITTERS.About the excellent locatio and beauty of the hotel you can read in the other rewiews. I only want to put the accent on the fantastic staff behavior, ready to help , day or night.The only question it's not if I will come back but only when (my wife decides in such international problems).Despite the fact that we are over 60 years old, we enjoyed the nice young people which were fullung the hotel giving it a daily freshness. So, PREPARE OUR ROOM AGAIN.

Room Tip: All rooms are more or less the same,
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Popica65
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My partner and I stopped here for four nights at the end of May 2011 and were very impressed.

Firstly the location - very central for the main shopping / eating streets in the City Center, and a 5 min walk to a Metro line. The reception were very welcoming and offered to give us any advice we needed while we were there. The whole hotel is very smartly decorated and very comfortable. The room is reasonably plush - big mirror with the TV built into it ! Big comfortable bed, and the TV had all the international chanels one could want - including the BBC ! The wifi in the room is free, fast and reliable.

Breakfast was of a very hight quality with a good selection of food.

The only negatives, and these are being nit picky, are the fact the water in the room isnt complimentary and neither is the coffee (There is a coffee machine using cartridges one must pay for so there is no option to use a kettle etc for making your own drinks).

But overall excellent - good price, good location, excellent staff and comfortable rooms. Great place to stay - wholeheartedly reccomend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Me_n_my_rucksack
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights the end of May and can't recommend it highly enough. It's situated within a few minutes walk of a metro station but also only 5 minutes from the Danube and the shops. The hotel itself in modern and quite chic without any loss of comfort and the staff always pleasant and eager to help. The room we had 402 was large and comfortable if slightly odd, one wall had a huge mirror on it with a built-in tv so sat watching tv in bed was an experience, also the bathroom tape was novel, took us a while to figure it out. Breakfast was included in the price and was plentiful and varied. The only real negative comment I could say was that you had to pay for bottled water and coffee in the rooms, the coffee was a pod machine but would have expected a 4 star hotel to provide this free. Overall an excellent hotel at a very good rate.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank stork789
Travelers also viewed these Budapest hotels
Promenade City Hotel
Bohem Art Hotel
#15 of 336 in Budapest
Mercure Budapest City Center
Eurostars Budapest Center Hotel

Been to La Prima Fashion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Prima Fashion Hotel

Address: Piarista utca 6. | (previous street name: Pesti Barnabas utca 6.), Budapest 1052, Hungary
Location: Hungary > Central Hungary > Budapest > District V / Inner City , Belváros-Lipótváros
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #53 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Price Range: $77 - $236 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — La Prima Fashion Hotel 4*
The stylishly appointed trendy hotel, La Prima Fashion Hotel Budapest offers modern 4-star hotel facilities from 1st March 2011 in the heart of Budapest, as a member of the Fashion Hotels brand, dedicated to Mellow Mood Hotels.La Prima Fashion Hotel Budapest offers 80 fashionably decorated rooms, incorporating the latest trends in hotel facilities, high-tech conference installations and a cool breakfast restaurant ensuring a relaxing and comfortable stay whether travelling for business or leisure. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your La Prima Fashion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.