“Great ambience”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Wine bar atmosphere... We sat at bar area which was really nice. I had jerusalem artichoke soup absolutely superb .. Followed by duck and rissotto. Very rich food.. Couldnt manage a dessert. We all really enjoyed apart from the pulled pork which was very salty. Red wine was excellent. Very good value for money.. And nice staff.

2  Thank NickyPHughenden
Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was there again a week ago. And again: great food, venison was delicious, great wine advised by attentive staff, great atmosphere. Definitely, this is one of the top places in Budapest. I think the Michelin star they have just got, is well deserved.

2  Thank jedrus7
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This restaurant opened just 3,5 years ago, and they won a Michelin star, although it is not fine dining but bistro food. Really modern, contemporary Hungarian cuisine. According to the place and the award, not expensive at all, a degustation menü (12 courses) costs 1/3 price than in other Michelin star restaurants.

3  Thank Pandus
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I wanted to try this restaurant for a while and was happy when a good friend suggested it on my last visit to Budapest. The place looks and feels like a pleasant bistro. Nothing fancy but comforting.
The service is friendly and the menu has something good for pretty much most tastes.
I absolutely was pleased with my crispy duck liver as was with the beef cheek and beef filet in wine sauce. The quail was also great as were the soups but only had a taste of these from my friends plates.
The price was excellent for the quality, taste and presentation of food.
We only found out a day after that the place received a Michelin star on the day we have visited.
Great value, mostly top quality food. Hopefully the prices won't change much after the Michelin star.
As it is, it costs about half of an average Michelin star restaurant.
The wines were nice but not outstanding and we were missing choices from other countries as this place only has local wines. The restaurant and its great food would benefit from a bit more international selection or a more adventurous sommelier.
The place is pretty much a must try in Budapest.
Enjoy.

1  Thank Diguroo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I came to this place because the opinions that I read in this website.

The restaurant looks wonderful, is cozy, it is well decorated and wonderful for special/romantic ocassions.

The waiters were very gentle and polite, always paying attention to us and they gave us good recommendations in what to choose.

The food quality is top, the presentation of each of the plates as well and the price is relatively low compared to what you are eating. Not more than 50euros a couple with wine.

If you are going to stay in Budapest , you can not miss it.

2  Thank J T