“Brilliant food and good service”

Borkonyha WineKitchen
Ranked #94 of 3,516 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Only a short walk from the river this place served some of the best and varied food i have eaten for a long time good service reasonably priced wine good atmosphere tables slightly too close in places but well worth a visit.

3  Thank Trebor5417
Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This little restaurant is on a street just near St. Stephen's. The atmosphere is lively (the first night we tried to go it was completely full, so we reserved for the next night), the service is excellent and the food is the most beautifully prepared I have ever had. Each dish is a work of art and is delicious. Dinner for 2 with wine, dessert was about $100. Well worth a isit

4  Thank Jane M
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

One of the best food I've ever eaten (I ordered a pork a). And the wine OMG!!! :) I paid US$25, it was cheap for that excellent dinner. I DO recommend it.

4  Thank anaramosse
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A very elegant - without being formal - restaurant with delicious food and wine. We arrived early and our table was not yet ready, so the host seated us temporarily at the bar and treated us to some sparkling wine. It was quite good. The dinner menu had many wonderful options - making it hard to choose. We opted for two dishes out of the ordinary for us - beef cheeks and rabbit. Both were superb! We paired these (and our appetizers and dessert) with glasses of local wines recommended by our server, all of which we enjoyed very much. We highly recommend this restaurant.

6  Thank Ebwp1
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really loved borkonyha. It was a great food experience. I had an exceptional lamb. I really recommend this place. Only issue, difficult to get a sit. You have to book in advance.

4  Thank Globetrotteurmonde