“A room with a kitchen is very convenient.”

Fraser Residence Budapest
Ranked #14 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Simferopol
“A room with a kitchen is very convenient.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Cool design, very modern, Bosch equipment of the kitchen,fully packed with everything a cook needs-about 30 different utensils! Plus a toaster,microwave, oven,an iron+desk-even a Philips iPhone opdock station ( which was a pleasant surprise as we have an identical) so we really felt at home. Plus good cosmetics at bathroom-a rare thing at hotels for this price. Breakfast rather good-but no hot cereals,eggs or similar. Still a good selection of cheese and meat.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
I am very grateful for your review and for sharing your superb high ratings with the readers of Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the design of your suite, high quality of all our supplies and amenities. Such nice reviews mean for me and my staff new motivation in serving our guests.

The Fraser Residence Budapest team and I are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back in the near future and to enjoy… again your “home away from home” and the fabulous city of Budapest.

Alain Goetschel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel location was easy to find, even if it is not in the center of Budapest! The staff was nice and the apartment was surprisingly big and with all the utilities needed!
This kid of hotel is useful for people who stay more nights, like bussines travel, not tourists!
A big minus was that the temperature in the rooms was very low, the door to the balcony was not very insulated and Im guessing the room temperature was about 17 degrees, unacceptable to sleep in during winter time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing the Fraser Residence Budapest for your stay and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us (despite the cold); and I’m especially pleased you appreciated the big size and comfort of our suites as well as the friendly staff. I of course respect your point of view; but based on numerous comments, reviews and surveys; Please let me just rectify that our serviced apartment is actually not just appealing for business and long stays; quite in contrary many of our guest coming to visit Budapest as tourist (for leisure) due appreciate the flexibility of luxury apartment living & 4 star superior services; as we offer much bigger space (than any standard 4 star superior hotel room).
During your stay we unfortunately had a small problem with the heating system in parts of hotel. Our technicians worked non-stop to solve this as soon as possible, but it is still a shame that you were not informed about this during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

When your future travel plans include Amsterdam, I do hope you will choose to stay at The Fraser Residence Budapest, so we can prove ourselves better.

Miskolcz, Miskolc, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed many time in Fraser Asia before we choose Fraser Budapest as our stay for waiting the birth,this time we are even more careful with the choice. But Certainly, at late pregnancy of mine, I can be picky with the room, the bed and the food,but they did excellent! I sleep slightly with the bed, the room was arranged at the 1st floor with a terrance and green views. I went breakfast every morning for the freshest CROISSANT in town and never get tired of it. Staff in the reception and room maintenance are always friendly and helpful. Even I had long-term stay, they send daily staff come over for cleaning. When my due day approaching, they even prepared a baby cot at bedroom, how sweet!
Particular thanks to General manager Mr. Alain Goetschel,he has delivered his care and greetings many times via mails and personal presence! We are truly thankful.
FOR SURE, with also very good location,they will be seeing us often back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BudapestAdmirer
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all; on behalf of the Fraser Budapest team; Congratulations for the birth of your new baby boy! Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that to see that on such a special occasion as welcoming a new child into your family we were able to make your stay even more special. Equally pleasing is your comment about the staff, whose friendliness and willingness to assist is an integral component of our guest experience. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to “your home away from home” in Budapest.

West Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The location of the hotel was, as expected, not central but close enough to the central part of the city if you like to walk rather than rely completely on public transport all of the time.
It is within a few minutes walking distance of Klinikak metro station which I found very useful.
The apartment allocated was not as I'd requested, (i.e. a higher floor from the choice of eight floors apparently available; I ended up on the third!), but I was, nevertheless, pleasantly surprised by the presentation and size of the apartment and the facilities that were on offer.
It was very clean, pristine, open-planned, modern in appearance and comfortably furnished.
I must comment on the wonderful size of the bed. Brilliant for any 'nocturnal gymnast'!
I must also comment on having a bath WITH a shower at my disposal. Somewhere you can comfortably relax after a hectic exploration of Budapest in sub-zero temperatures.
For anyone staying longer with a desire to cook for themselves there was a fan-assisted oven, microwave oven and other accessories, including a very sizeable fridge/freezer, to make use of.
The breakfast was very satisfactory with a good choice of continental food fare. I did not, however, find a hot alternative available such as scrambled eggs and bacon or sausages, for example. Fortunately I have a versatile palate and what was available sufficed.
I have to say that the ambience of the breakfast setting was not at all to my liking. The tables were too close. The furniture was too basic and not at all comfortable.
The breakfast room staff were courteous and polite, which was very agreeable, in compensation.
I cannot say the same of the reception staff as I felt that quite often they did not acknowledge your presence or took some time to address you after what appeared to be a protracted phone conversation.
On one occasion, a woman who I presumed to be a 'household supervisor', dressed in a grey suit, entered my room without prior consent and asked if I was leaving that day. I did get an apology as I pointed out that I was actually leaving the following day. I rather felt a lack of communication on more than one count for this to have occurred!
In summary, I had a very comfortable stay at Fraser Residence and despite the slight disturbance, as mentioned, and lack of personal attention, would still recommend it to others to consider a stay in Budapest.
Do not hesitate to contact me regarding any queries regarding this accommodation.
(Stay from 9 - 12 December 2012)

Room Tip: I'd recommend a stay on a higher floor as there is the potential to enjoy a reasonable view of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to show my appreciation for sharing your experiences as well as your recommendations to other readers to stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest
First of all; I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the presentation and size of the apartment and the facilities that were on offer. Especially appreciate the reamarks from an „nocturnal gymnast” and expert regarding our wonderful, comfortable beds.

However , I regret to learn that you felt that quite often the receptionist did not acknowledge your presence or took some time to address you. I have discussed all your respective constructive criticism into details with our team in general and can assure you that all necessary corrective measures are taken to ensure that those issues are rectified.

Regarding the request for a room to be allocated on a higher floor; we try our outmost to always honour the request according to our availability; but as you noted the hotel was very busy during your stay; therefore we couldn’t allocate a room on a higher floor. But fortunately you were nevertheless pleasantly surprised and could enjoy the space and design of your suite.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back to the Fraser Residence in the near future. Must you need any assistance, please contact me directly and I will be pleased to personally assist you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The staff really let down this hotel. It's a real shame because Fraser has the fundamentals right! Stayed 2 nights 14-16 dec

Pros
- Located midway between Klinikak (5mins) and Corvin metro (8 mins) stations on the blue line, 3 stops from Deak station being the heart of the action
- Good strong heating, big towels
- light but very warm blanket
- Amazing shampoo and body wash products that lather well and smell nice
- big shopping centre 3 mins walk called Corvin with supermarket open til 10pm
- Terrific continental breakfast from 7-10am - cold meats (smoked chicken and 2 types of salami) 4 types of cheese, fruit salad, fresh baked croissants, toast & jam, juice and great coffee!

Cons
- Slippery elevated bathtub very dangerous for getting in/out
- Cold floorboards so bring slippers!
- no body lotion so BYO: strong heating will seriously dry you out!
- 1 elevator 9 floors so faster to use stairs esp during peak
- service nonexistent: unwelcoming check in from Juan, no smiles. Asked him for extra towels, told "come down and get it yourself" similar to 2 star service. He gave us 2x tiny hand towels!! The next morning we asked for how to get to the tram and was given vague directions, I had to grab a map on the desk and ask to pinpoint where we were and show me. Asked them to store luggage on Sunday, man in grey suit points to a corner and says put it there yourself. Did not give me a tag so I was a bit worried. When I asked how long it took to get to the airport by metro (really easy, 20 mins to get to the end of the blue line where there's a shopping centre, change for bus 200E for 23 mins to liszt f. airport approx 650 HUF pp compared to taxi 6500 HUF) he said, "it could be 50 mins, could be 1hr 15 mins, I don't know. I've never tried it before!" staff just unhelpful start to finish! Waiting to check out the guy in front of me took 20-25 mins. He sits comfortably in a chair and process as slowly as he can. Very lazy, laid back attitude from all staff almost like they have an attitude problem and forget they work in service hospitality industry!

• Stayed December 2012
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at the Fraser Residence Budapest; I was pleased to read that you appreciated our location, the quality of our bathroom amenities and especially our “terrific ‘quality of our breakfast.
However I was disappointed not to say surprised that you felt “let down” by the staff’s attitude; as normally those are the points our team does actually receive many praises and high ratings for. Like their extremely friendliness, pro activeness and service oriented attitude. But it unfortunately seems we failed with you. I can ensure you that this type of service is not general at all in our hotel and hereby I like to apologize for it. I did immediately share your remarks with the entire team. But would like herby as well and with all due respect to you; reassure all our guests that the remarks such as “Very lazy, laid back attitude from all staff almost like they have an attitude problem” isn’t really objectively reflecting our teams behaviour and their efforts; based on the numerous compliments I receive from or guests on daily basis.

I do sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to show you our ability to provide a first class service that Frasers Hospitality is renowned for (in all our properties worlwide). Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly; I will make sure that your next experience with us corresponds to the expected service level

Verona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Me and my boyfriend satyed 3 nights at this great hotel! I stayed previously at other hotels in Budapest but this was the best of all. Better than a standard 4-star hotel, real quality in all aspects, more space and comfort in rooms. Perfect location, just a few steps from a new shopping center and the metro station or tram. We had breakfast which was also excellent with fresh fruits, vegetables, cold cuts, FRESH bakery, bread, croissant, cakes, a selection of Dilmah teas. For dining there were more options closeby. A good restaurant with gourmet food 50 metres.
The apartment was modern and we had everything needed, even DVD player and iPod docker :) Kitchen with micro, oven, fridge, electric kettle, the bathroom was also nice (with soap, shampoo and showergel). We had a big balcony (where we could smoke). The staff was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caterina A
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Caterina A,

We truly appreciate receiving your positive review of Fraser Residence Budapest on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you had an extremely enjoyable stay with us. To be described as “one of the best hotels you have stayed in Budapest and better than a standard 4-star hotel” is indeed flattering and we gratefully acknowledge your kind words. We also appreciate your feedback with regard to aspects of real quality in all aspects, more space and comfort in rooms. Perfect location and excellent quality of our breakfast.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences of Fraser Residence Budapest and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again.
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Situated near to a metro line and bus service into the city, these apartments are spacious, modern and clean. Near to a shopping centre and large supermarket, making this the perfect place to stay. Budapest is a fabulos city!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mother54
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

My sincerest thanks for your positive review. It was a pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Such nice reviews mean for me and my staff new motivation in serving our guests.

The Fraser Residence Budapest team and I are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and to enjoy… again and again "the fabulous city of Budapest”.