The staff really let down this hotel. It's a real shame because Fraser has the fundamentals right! Stayed 2 nights 14-16 dec
- Located midway between Klinikak (5mins) and Corvin metro (8 mins) stations on the blue line, 3 stops from Deak station being the heart of the action
- Good strong heating, big towels
- light but very warm blanket
- Amazing shampoo and body wash products that lather well and smell nice
- big shopping centre 3 mins walk called Corvin with supermarket open til 10pm
- Terrific continental breakfast from 7-10am - cold meats (smoked chicken and 2 types of salami) 4 types of cheese, fruit salad, fresh baked croissants, toast & jam, juice and great coffee!
- Slippery elevated bathtub very dangerous for getting in/out
- Cold floorboards so bring slippers!
- no body lotion so BYO: strong heating will seriously dry you out!
- 1 elevator 9 floors so faster to use stairs esp during peak
- service nonexistent: unwelcoming check in from Juan, no smiles. Asked him for extra towels, told "come down and get it yourself" similar to 2 star service. He gave us 2x tiny hand towels!! The next morning we asked for how to get to the tram and was given vague directions, I had to grab a map on the desk and ask to pinpoint where we were and show me. Asked them to store luggage on Sunday, man in grey suit points to a corner and says put it there yourself. Did not give me a tag so I was a bit worried. When I asked how long it took to get to the airport by metro (really easy, 20 mins to get to the end of the blue line where there's a shopping centre, change for bus 200E for 23 mins to liszt f. airport approx 650 HUF pp compared to taxi 6500 HUF) he said, "it could be 50 mins, could be 1hr 15 mins, I don't know. I've never tried it before!" staff just unhelpful start to finish! Waiting to check out the guy in front of me took 20-25 mins. He sits comfortably in a chair and process as slowly as he can. Very lazy, laid back attitude from all staff almost like they have an attitude problem and forget they work in service hospitality industry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fraser Residence Budapest is centrally located on the Pest-side of the city, just off the Corvin Promenade, close to many bars, restaurants and shops. For short or long-term stays "Enjoy the flexibility of luxury apartment living with the services, advantages of a 4* superior hotel," including state-of-the-art technology and friendly, multilingual staff at your service 24/7. Both business and leisure guests will appreciate following facilities and services: - Free high-speed wireless internet - 24/7 reception and concierge. - Breakfast lounge serving continental buffet breakfast - Daily housekeeping service - Fast maintenance service - Welcome tray with tea and coffee - Welcome hamper for stays of 30 nights or more - Secure underground car park (subject to availability)* - Airport transfer* - Laundry and dry-cleaning services* - Order-in restaurant facility - menus available at reception* - Access to nearby fitness centre with swimming pool, saunas, Jacuzzis and day care for children* - Business facilities and services - Two air-conditioned meeting rooms in the penthouse, seating 15- 20 guests theatre-style or in a U-shape • both meeting rooms have large windows for natural daylight and can be darkened completely for presentations • Flipcharts, projectors, screens and other meeting equipment available • Roof terrace or indoor space available for coffee breaks or parties • Catering by arrangement - Business centre * Applicable charges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fraser Residence Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Residence Budapest Hotel Budapest