Brody House
Cancelon
$564
$545
  • Pool
All reviewshonesty barbrody studiosphoto roomludo roomhonor barmembers clubroll top bathsweeping staircasequirky hotelgrand staircaseno liftnational museumcommunal areasbeautiful old buildingjewish quarterhigh ceilingshome from home
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Perfect if you want to stay somewhere beautiful, special, quirky and fun. Small and personal with just 8 rooms, but a huge communal & cosy living/breakfast room and huge bedrooms. Staying at Brody House felt very comfortable, staff were relaxed and happy to help - so much so we came back early in the evenings just to sit in front of the amazing fireplace. One of the best venues I've ever stayed in - would go back to Budapest just to stay at Brody !

Room Tip: Only room available to book was Ludo, but was perfect. Quiet and warm, very comfy bed.
4  Thank Mandy R
VivienOrban, Manager at Brody House, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Unusual set up ...a small hotel in an apartment building used by former Hungarian Prime Minister ! The 8 bedrooms are spread across 3 floors of this old building, with the reception area and the 'public' rooms on the second floor. We had the Ludo room on the second floor ... large and well furnished.
The four large public rooms contain a variety of artworks (as do the bedrooms) ...all very bohemian. There is an honesty bar for after 8 pm . Breakfast was good. Location is fine , can walk to main sights and to many restaurants.
Would certainly recommend and use again.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor would save you waking up the building's main staircase to the public rooms, but that is not a major issue.
2  Thank Fin044

I would like to thank you for the kind feedback about your stay at Brody House. I appreciate your praising words regarding the décor of the Hotel and the location. I am so glad that you had a great time in Budapest.
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Brody House was a dream from start to finish!

We stayed in Printa Suite which was huge! The bed was so comfy we didn't want to get up and explore the city. We spent a lot of time in front of the many fireplaces in the communal living room, helping ourselves the the generously stocked honesty bar.

The staff were all incredibly helpful and relaxed - in no way the stuffy uniform service you often encounter. Krisztina recommended a great restaurant for our first evening.

The eggs benedict were to die for!

I don't think i could ever stay anywhere else in Budapest after this brilliant experience. I cant wait to return and try a different room.

Room Tip: Printa Suite is huge!
2  Thank Kayla_london

I appreciate your generous feedback about your visit to Brody House. I am so glad that you had a memorable experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

An amazing place, great staff and a perfect location. I highly recommend it. The best place to stay in Budapest, for sure. The rooms are unique, the bar and the living room area are one of a kind. Perfect days i spent there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank danielbacchieri

I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Brody House. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Budapest.
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Arrived from Bratislava thinking I'd stayed at the best place on our trip yet only to discover this little gem. The building is beautiful, simply stunning. The entrance way alone would seduce me into returning. Then you discover the lovely staff, then your beautiful room, then you realise there is a gorgeous honesty bar / art gallery upstairs. There is nothing not to love about this place. I sorely regret writing this review as it means more people will discover it and ruin the magic of feeling like you may be the only one who know's it exists....

Room Tip: All rooms look amazing, whichever you pick I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiddleM

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Brody House. I was delighted to read that you were impressed with our stunning building, our accommodation and pleased with the services provided by our staff.
We look forward to welcome you back whenever your travels take you to Budapest!
Best Wishes,