“Unusually good for a hotel restaurant”

Araz Restaurant Budapest
Ranked #156 of 3,375 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French, Hungarian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant transforms itself from organised chaos during the morning breakfast time, when tens of people potter around the buffet, to a lovely and chic environment at night. We had ravioli with truffle oil and the mushroom risotto - both very tasty. The menu has a good choice of dishes, in French, Hungarian and traditional Jewish styles, so there was a lot to choose from. I can see that many reviewers seem to like the homemade lemonade, but I must say that it was not for me - tasted like sparkling water with a slice of lemon thrown in. If in Budapest, I would go back.

AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guests. Yes, the atmosphere during breakfast and dinner is really different. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Araz atmosphere in the evening and the flavours of our dishes. I am very sorry to hear that our home made lemonade didn't meet your expectations and was not at your taste.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I think this restaurant was one of my best choice in my life. We spent here a
beautiful evening. The milieu was perfect. We got a very nice and elegant table.
The waiter was nice and helpful. He answered all our questions about the food
kindly. Choice for vegetarian way great and also very tasty. Wine list is good
you can find great wines in it. Music was also chic and it made our evening
unforgettable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your satisfaction. We are happy to hear that we could make your time with us enjoyable. It is always nice to read such nice words about our restaurant. You are most welcome any time at Araz Restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can recommend their set menus - three courses for 1590 forint. Surprisingly cheap for such a luxorious environment. Service was ok and the lemonade very good. I had a vegetarian two course-meal. You get a vegetarian course and the soup of the day, so do make sure that the soup is also vegetarian. Ask the waiter, if it's not clear what the soup is.

2  Thank longingforlullabies
AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending time to express your good experiences. I am always pleased to read such a satisfied comment like yours. Our aim is to give first class service for affordable price.

Even at the daily 2 and 3 course lunch menus we consider our vegetarian guests’ needs.
We should be greatly obliged if you would visit us time to time.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

There is not a lot to choose from the menu, but the food they do serve is delicious. Be aware of the 10 % service charge. Our vaitor tried to convince me to eat a sallad, even though I said I wanted something else. The strawberry lemonade looked great, but had a lack in taste. I was suprised about the table decoration, the free apetisers and the short waiting time.

AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Theos007,

Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our food and you loved our table decoration. It is good to hear that the free appetisers were for you a surprise too. I am sure that our waiter just wanted to help you and he just offered you one of our most delicious salads we are very proud of. We are sorry, if he seemed to be too pushy. Our home made lemonade is also very popular among our guests, so I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations. Despite of the aboves I do hope you’ll choose our Araz Restaurant next time again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had dinner recently - was not too busy, mostly with hotel guests. This is a ptiy becauase the standard of the food and service was excellent. A fine, elegant but not stuffy atmosphere, adn chef is really trying to be innovative but not extravagantly so. All food was of high quality material, well prepared and served. Wine list v. good. They give a whooping 50% discount on drinks if booked from your room - given that restaurants in Budapest seem to work with outrageous mark-ups on drinks (inc. bottled water), this can save a fair amount on your dinner bill. warmly recommended.

AkosKovacs, Manager at Araz Restaurant Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear GaborLeo,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant. It's always nice to read such beautiful comments about our service. Yes, the 50% discount on alcoholic beverages for hotel guests is very popular. The prices are in line with our competitors’ prices.
I appreciate your kind words about our food and look forward to welcoming you back soon.