“Great Food Tour”

Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
Ranked #1 of 87 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Food and wine experiences in the new old world.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I highly recommend this tour- our tour guide (Judit) was really knowledgeable and we got to try so many different foods that we would have never found on our own.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the highlight of our stay in Budapest. The rest of our holiday had been disastrous (river cruise cancelled due to Danube floods, cold and rainy every day), but this was definitely a day that we enjoyed. There were six of us on the tour, so we could ask endless questions of our guide, who clearly loved food and wine and was very knowledgeable. We ate steadily from 10am to 2pm and then enjoyed the final wine tasting in the sunshine. We recommended this tour to some friends and they loved it too.

1  Thank Sheena C
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Anyone with a passion for good food and wine should book a tour with Taste Hungary. I was fortunate enough to be part of a small tour to the Tokaj region of Hungary with three other friends. We had the privilege of being escorted by Gabor, who is one of the owners of Taste Hungary. Gabor has a real passion for food and wine and his enthusiasm is infectious. The cool thing about a wine tour with Taste Hungary is that it focuses on small wine producers rather than the large “corporate” wineries. These wineries were real gems. Gabor also organized a home cooked Hungarian lunch at one winery that was a real highlight. We sat around a farmhouse table enjoying some of the best food I have had in Hungary ( I have been traveling in the country regularly since 1992) while the winemaker let us sample various wines. Taste Hungary really impressed me and I couldn’t give them a higher recommendation.

3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Even if you already know a bit about Hungarian food and drink, you will enjoy this fantastic tour! Not only did we hear many interesting anecdotes about Hungarian food, wine, liquor and history, but we ate an incredible amount of delicious food. Everything from salamis, cheeses, langos, ice cream, chocolate, blood sausage, lecsó, mini pickled watermelons, and the list goes on. We would do this again :)

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to go on a Taste Hungary culinary walk during my stay in the city and it was one if the highlights of my visit for sure! It was a great chance to learn about culture, food and life in Hungary while fuelling up on every type of food imaginable! Definitely add this trip to your list for a guaranteed fantastic day, but be sure to arrive with an empty stomach!!

2  Thank Courtney M