“A great, unique experience with a very fun and knowledgeable guide!”

Budapest Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$58.21*
and up
Budapest Food Walking Tour
Ranked #10 of 75 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Budapest Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Budapest. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Budapest. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
San Francisco, California
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“A great, unique experience with a very fun and knowledgeable guide!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our guide, Livia, gave me a food tour of Budapest by foot. She took us to the main food market and explained the typical foods sold at this market. She then walked us to various locations around Budapest that are frequented mostly by locals and unknown to tourists, such as a very popular fish restaurant, some unusual bars housed in very old buildings, a restaurant known for its goulash and strudel, and a specialty chocolate shop. The entire time, Livia was very enthusiastic and explained things in great detail. She kept me very, very interested. I'm really, really glad I did this tour with Livia and I would definitely recommend it to everyone who wants a local's perspective of Budapest.

Visited November 2013

San Francisco, California
“Must do when in Budapest!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The day before I had a horrible tour in budapest. While I saw many things I really didn't feel like I got to enjoy and appreciate it. Then comes my saving grace... the Bites and Sights tour by Livia! You learn about the city through the food and with a very knowledgeable guide, Livia. You can tell that she is passionate about food and her city. She knew the history of Budapest and provided the locals perspective. We went to places off the beaten path but that's exactly what I wanted. The food was delicious and was so full by the end of the trip that I skipped dinner!

Well worth the money! Everyone has to do this while in budapest!

Visited November 2013
Elwood, Victoria, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“bites and sights so good”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

this guided tour was fantastic and much more than i expected, our guide was lovely and so knowledgeable, the amount of food we were given to taste/eat was unbelievable, i counted 10 different items/meals which was incredible. our guide livi was so nice and made the tour really interesting with her knowledge and stories. i loved the market and the ruin bars, i would recommend this to anyone who has an afternoon to spare in budapest, the best thing i did there.

Oak Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Excursion in Budapest!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I took a large group of people to Budapest and we did the Bites and Sights Tour with Urban Adventures. It was definitely one of the best highlights of our time in Budapest. Not only did we get to try some great food but we learned so much more about the history of Budapest while we were on the tour. I highly recommend the tour and Livia was a wonderful guide!!!

Berlin, Germany
“Bites and Sites with a local”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I really enjoyed this great tour through Budapest, trying the food and learning about the history of the city and it's people. We tried a wide range of food at a range of restaurants, bars and shops. I felt I gained a view of Budapest that I would never have experienced otherwise. Well worth doing, a great way to get to know the beautiful city of Budapest.