“Value”

Ranked #2,867 of 3,516 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: All of the customers are welcome in our new restaurant in the city center of Budapest, where you can taste the traditional hungarian specialties, but you can try some italian food specialties as well.We serve approximately 100 types of famous hungarian wine beside the excellent dishes.You can find here all of the best values of the old times, in the design, and in the friendly atmosphere as well.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We ate here on our first night, the food choice was excellent. Everything was well cooked and very good value for money. Lots of authentic Hungarian food.

1  Thank skybluedi

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Service was okay to start with to try and get you into the restaurant but it was all down hill from there. Ordered 2 pizzas and took over half an hour to arrive despite not being terribly busy. Pizza ended up being incredibly doughy, cheese was rubbery and sauce was salty- they advertise on the front as being a pizzeria but it was a huge disappointment. We only managed half of our pizzas each but only because we were hungry. Overall 2 pizzas and a bottle of water cost 6000HF (around £17) - definitely not worth that! Nice street but obvious tourist trap - only ended up there after being turned down by nicer looking restaurants that were full!

1  Thank lcroal3107
Reviewed March 24, 2014

So a couple days ago I came to visit Hungary again, and a very kind, fluent English speaker guy stopped me in Váci street. The food was pretty good, liked it, although the waiter did not speak English as well as I expected, there were no problems, and any question I had, the same guy who invited me, answered for. The drinks are on avarege price considering the restaurant is in Váci street, and the Pálinka was also really good. If you are planning to buy something cheap, well....it is a restaurant, and it is in the most expensive area of Budapest, so I would say, it has good prices in that area. Reading all the flaming reviews...people are just dumb, to be honest. Did not experienced any of those.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant in January and was welcomed in by one of the friendly waiters. We proceeded to order and subsequently had a lovely meal. However, there was a duo of blokes playing traditional music in the corner as background music and it was lovely, until they then wandered around and stopped at our table, proceeded to play a couple of tunes and then demanded 5000 hufs (about £17) I didnt ask to be serenaded and they made us feel really uncomfortable as they just stood there waiting to be paid while we ate dessert. Eventually they left our table after 5 mins or so when they realised they weren't getting the money. Needless to say we paid and left quite sheepish, it wasnt a pleasant experience

2  Thank Carl1903
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Food isnt THAT bad, but its way too expensive for its quality. Service is -10 on a 0 to 10 scale. Waitress screamed at our table, and talked down on us. On the time to pay the bill, they put several extra taxes and stuff.
Environment and furnishing are different, but too outdated, old and dirty.
If you dont want to get anger or mad, dont be even close to it. And I mean it... waiters stand outside the restaurant screaming to public to come in.

1  Thank GPortella