“Not meeting its promise”

Rickshaw Restaurant
Ranked #475 of 3,154 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not meeting its promise”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

At eight o' clock the meal of our choice was already sold out. An hour later we saw someone else order it. They had booked it in advance. Sure. What kind of service is that in a restaurant. With all the great restaurants Budapest has to offer: do not go here.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Idover
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Rickshaw Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience. I was sorry to learn that your dinner at Rickshae fell short of your expectations.

In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received on this occasion and really sorry about this issue with your meal choice. Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the chef and his team and expected service behaviors have been reinforced.

We appreciate your constructive comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kindest regards,
Thomas M Fischer

• Hungarian first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Rickshaw is a modern Asian restaurant that serves food from different parts of Asia. I had a pickled prawn salad followed by a chicken and rice dish both of which were delicious. The staff were very attentive and the whole experience was most enjoyable

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Trevor F
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable dinner at Rickshaw Restaurant. Thank you for the compliments about our Asian delicacies. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Thomas M Fischer General Manager
Essex
“Dreadful”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is one of three which are part of the Corinthia Hotel. We went to the Bock (one of the other restaurants within the hotel) and had a fabulous meal. As a result we decided try the Rickshaw. The reviews on TA weren’t great but we thought it couldn’t be that bad. Oh how wrong we were.
When we went it was an Indonesian themed menu and we opted for the degustation menu which apparently comprised about seven or so different courses. Would have cost around £60 for two of us.
First course was a piece of raw carrot and raw green bean wrapped in cold rice paper and completely void of any flavour. Next came two of the smallest satays I have ever seen with a colouring of satay sauce. I am thinking we are going to go hungry here. Third course was soup? I can only describe this as tasting like a weak stock cube flavoured with at least two tablespoons of sugar and pieces of raw carrot and beans floating around.
Neither of us could even attempt this so we complained. They offered us a dish from the normal Chinese menu but I thought that if the Indonesian food was so bad how different would the same chef be at cooking Chinese. I decided to pay for the drinks and not the food and left. The final icing on the cake was the fact that they charged my room £16 for the two small bottles of beer we had. If we had walked outside the restaurant to the bar area this would have cost us about a quarter of this.
In my opinion the Corinthia is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. It is seriously let down by this restaurant and I would say avoid at all costs. If you cannot book the Bock there are a load of restaurants not 5 minutes’ walk away.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Aggers25
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The menu was great without being over the top. But please talk to the staff to discuss recommendations, its worth it

Visited October 2012
Ireland
“Not really worth a visit”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at The Corinthia and noticed that this place was busy, which made me think it was nice.

Arrived one evening and was fully booked so booked a table for the following evening.

Starter (spring rolls) were average, have had better. But didn't give up hope just yet.

Main (chicken with Chinese spices) I have never been more disappointed with a main, just some chicken on a plate with separate spices and separate sauce. Tried some, and left it all on the plate, and just ate the rice.

Such a let down as the bar food at this hotel was amazing, this restaurant for me, lets the hotel down.

Very pricey for what it is, worth having a look around and finding better.

1 Thank Claudyd