“My Personal Budapest - Trabant Tour - Absolutely Fantastic”

My Personal Budapest - Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.50*
and up
Hungarian lunch in a Hungarian home
More Info
$253.62*
and up
The Hungarian Soul Tour from Budapest
Ranked #1 of 79 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will show you the best of Budapest and Hungary! Some of our tour highlights: The Hungarian Soul Tour, The hidden treasures of Budapest, Sightseeing tours in retro/historical cars, Lunch in a Hungarian home, 4 hours wine tasting tour to one of the best wine regions just outside of Budapest, full day Danube Bend tour with optional wine tasting, full day Lake Balaton tour with optional wine tasting, wine tours to distinguished wine regions. Get your own personal travel experience of Budapest!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just got back from an amazing mini-break in Budapest - such a beautiful city. Saw My Personal Budapest recommended on tripadvisor and decided to book the trabant tour for our very first morning. My partner and I spent a good three and a half hours with András (guide) and Balázs (driver) touring around Budapest and seeing the main sights - not to mention getting some stunning photos! It is a superb way to see the city - not only is it different (the trabant cars are really something!) but it also serves as a great introduction; the rest of your trip becomes much easier to plan. You know where everything is, and you know what you want to go back to. I could not recommend this activity highly enough - András and Balázs are lovely (their passion for their city and country knows no bounds, and the sheer extent of their knowledge is just incredible); it's very reasonably priced; and it's definitely something to remember and talk about for years to come. The MyPersonalBudapest website is very user-friendly, András responds to any and all requests quickly and efficiently, and they pick you up from your hotel and drop you in a place of your choosing. If you pick one 'tour' to embark upon in Budapest, make it this one. We will definitely use them when we go again and would recommend them to anybody and everybody. Thank you András and Balázs for showing us your wonderful city - we'll be back! Helen and Dan.

3  Thank Helen B
There are newer reviews for My Personal Budapest - Tours

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Informative and unique tour of the city whilst being driven around in a piece of history. Especially good if the weather is bad! (like it was with us). Lots of interesting facts that only a private tour unearths. Thank you

1  Thank Unhelpful
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Recently returned from a super visit to Budapest. My wife and I spent a whole day with Andras who runs private tours of the city. Despite snow arriving on the day of our planned tour he contacted us at the hotel in good time to suggest some re-arrangements due to the conditions. This did not adversely affect our day, which was very informative, entertaining and done at a good pace with many good stop off points. As part of the tour we did his "hidden Budapest" and he was able to take us to places we would probably not have found on our own. We also took advantage of his somewhat unique experience of lunch at his family home and a chance to meet his parents which was a delight and something we will long remember. You can book tours with Andras with confidence of a professional service from a very knowledgable young man who understands and speaks English very well. Keep up the good work Andras and thank you.
Ray and Janet

3  Thank raydrury
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We HIGHLY recommend My Personal Budapest.
We took two days of tours with Andras.
We felt like an old friend was showing us his city.
The first day was the Trabant tour. Even natives of Budapest would come and look at this cute interesting car when we stopped. Balázs, our driver and owner of the car was also a pleasure to be with. We were taken to sites on both the Pest and Buda sides of the city. During the drive and at each stop we had interesting explanations of the what we were seeing.
The next day we took a combination culinary and Hidden Treasures tour (did I mention how Andras customizes his tours so you get to see what you want). We really felt like we were seeing the true Budapest as we had breakfast and lunch in wonderful local restaurants. We strolled large avenues and then little alleys, seeing parts of Budapest that I bet are not seen by other tourists . Andras took care of everything including the meals, desserts and daylong Metro passes.
Both Balázs and Andras love their city, show it off beautifully.
Too bad each city doesn't have an Andras!!

2  Thank Ronald K
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were recommended to use My Personal Budapest and definitely it was the best tour choice we could make.
We did the Trabant tour and had lunch in a Hungarian home. I can recommend both to anyone who is interested in a different way to see this beautiful city.
Our tour guide was Attila with his driver, both are really nice guys, and had lunch together with Andras. If you are looking for a rare type of tour, book My Personal Budapest.
Looking forward for our return do Budapest, so we can book the others tours.

2  Thank Daniel K