“Trabant tour - highly recommended :-) Book with Andras”

My Personal Budapest - Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.30*
and up
Hungarian lunch in a Hungarian home
More Info
$249.24*
and up
The Hungarian Soul Tour from Budapest
Ranked #1 of 76 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will show you the best of Budapest and Hungary! Some of our tour highlights: The Hungarian Soul Tour, The hidden treasures of Budapest, Sightseeing tours in retro/historical cars, Lunch in a Hungarian home, 4 hours wine tasting tour to one of the best wine regions just outside of Budapest, full day Danube Bend tour with optional wine tasting, full day Lake Balaton tour with optional wine tasting, wine tours to distinguished wine regions. Get your own personal travel experience of Budapest!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Trabant tour - highly recommended :-) Book with Andras”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a half day tour with András and Balazas in a Trabant - They were on time and collected and dropped my back at my hotel
Its a great way to see the sights and get the lie of the city

Firstly this was Balazas own car and he is Engineering Student who collects / restores Trabant and has genuine knowledge and love for these little cars - not just a job, but a hobby!
Andras is a very likeable fellow and his English is excellent. He has a excellent knowledge of history of the city
His approach is personal and he actually adjusted the tour to take in sights i had not already seen. He also then took me a to local market and introduced me to some local snacks a sort of savoury doughnut with sour cream and cheese and it was much tastier than it sounds
touring in the Trabant took me back to my 1st visit when it was still behind the Iron Curtain
Thanks guys and good luck with your business
Martin

Visited December 2012
1 Thank WardyWolves

Leuven, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super private tours for a family!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

At the end of october, beginning of november we visited Budapest for around one week.
We have a 10 year old daughter and she was enjoying it a lot !
Andrass showed us a lot of nice places, not only in Budapest but also around the city. For example a nice "winemaker family " and a wonderfull couple that both are ceramic artists.
They gave us a introduction in how to make a beautifull ceramic piece, this especially was very pleasant for our daughter, she could try to make something herself. You could not have these opportunity without somebody as Andrass, he knows a lot of interesting people .
Thanks to him , we also had the honour to meet a famous piano artist, he gave us a wonderfull private concert in his Budapest appartment.
We, as a family, will remember this trip for the rest of our lives, it was beautiful and very special.... this was certainly the work of Andrass.

2 Thank Tanja V
Bermuda
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Never received a response!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

These tours looked so great and I was so looking forward to making a booking. I sent a message to the email address given. I received the first response about 30 days later. Emails were exchanged and Andras asked me to narrow down my choices because he said that he would not be able to price all that I requested as it would take too long. It seemed a little odd but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (wouldn't anyone want a lot of business?). Our trip was planned for the end of Oct 2012 and I can't imagine that time would be too busy. I received no further correspondence despite sending a follow-up message. This was very disappointing.
None-the-less, we really enjoyed our visit to Budapest and we did and saw as much as we could fit in during our nine day stay.

Visited October 2012
MyPersonalBudapest, General Manager at My Personal Budapest - Tours, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear travelers!

I would like to start with the most important message of my management response: I regret that this traveler ended up feeling dissapointed, although she was very excited about trying our tours.
It is my fault that after some E-mail exchanges I have not informed this guest that I cannot accommodate her group because of lack of availability.
MypersonalBudapest is still a very small company and this is what keeps our tours more personal and memorable. But this same fact can also cause delays in emailing during the busy weeks, despite my intention to do my best.
Because of the popularity of our tours and because of my intention of maintaining the quality of our tours there may be limited availability sometimes.
Nevertheless I will do my best to answer queries as fast as possible. This is an important part of a business and I aim to achieve improvements in this area.

wishing memorable travel experiences to everyone,

András Novák
General Manager of MypersonalBudapest
OCEAN CITY, MD
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trabant tour and perfect day in Budapest”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had the best day in Budapest with Balazas and his friend Paul in the Trabant car. What fun and the car was such an attraction in the city. People were always looking and waving at us the cute colorful little car. It was a real experience. Our guide was outstanding we saw all the top sights and learned alot while there. We then were dropped off at a restaurant of our choosing then walked to the wonderful market and made our way back to our riverboat. What an exceptional day and our guide and the car made it that much more special. A day we will never forget.
Thank you so much! Frank &b Michelle Thompson October 2012

Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ronvinson”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were staying outside of Budapest and used the train. Because of a mechanical problem, we were shifted to a different train and arrived at a different station approx 2 hrs. late. We called Andras and he then adjusted our sightseeing to fit to time we had. He was very accommadating and the meal at his parents home was truley a treat. The sights we were shown were wonderful and I'm sure not available for the larger groups. I would highly recommend MyPersonalBudapest to those travelers wanting a personal, in depth look at what are the "hidden treasures of Budapest".

Visited November 2012