Gold Hotel Apartments
  • Pool
Buda Base(Budapest)
Hotel Citadella(Budapest)
View Hotel
All reviewsgold hotel winelarge apartmentdaily cleaningbuffet breakfastkithenbalconytoiletadvantagesreceptionlocationcomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful hospitality - this hotel offered us the perfect combination: great buffet breakfast and self-catering apartment: plenty of space for relaxation and independence.
The location in Buda turned out to be great for walking to the Citadel + over to Pest via the bridges.The staff were extremely helpful and flexible in all respects.
Thank you - Koesonom!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Eddie B
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We loved this flat. The apartment is perfectly situated for a break in Budapest. Central location and within easy walking distance of main city attactions. Excellent, tidy, clean and spacious accommodation. 2 rooms, kitchen with dining area, bathroom, separate WC, balcony, where we could smoke. The kitchen was well equipped for our needs. We also could use the free WIFI. The building has a large garden, so the flat is quite and cool.
Will have no hesitation in using again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Ricky D
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I spent some days in Budapest with my family and we had a great stay in this apartment. The apartment is spacious, clean and extreamly quite. The kitchen was equipped with every eccential facilities, we also had a dining area to have our breakfast in the apartment. Separate WC and bathroom. Balcony, where we could smoke.
The location is superb, you can walk to the Citadel or to the Buda Castle.
It was very comfortable that we had a 24 hours reception desk with helful staff in the next door building. We had also free WIFI.
I would return.

Room Tip: Apartment 10 has a small view to the Buda Castle.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank dalledon
Reviewed July 2, 2011

When traveling on a budget, I prefer to stay in apartments because I can save on dining by cooking my own dinners. My favorite apartment in Budapest was not available for the night I was staying so I booked the Gold Hotel Buda Apartments.

Location - Quite easy to find if you are driving. From the motorway just follow signs to the Elizabeth Bridge (Erzebet Hid) and the Hotel will be on your right before you cross the bridge. Use their gates parking lot. It is more convenient because the Buda side of the city is quite hilly.

Staff - The staff was very very friendly and helpful. I cannot emphasize that enough. Someone even helped up with our luggage.

The Apartment - You get what you pay for. The layout of this 2 bedroom apartment leaves much to be desired. The one larger room was a good size with a queen size bed and a futon-type sofa. But the much smaller room has 2 twin beds that hardly fit in the small space. Also, access to this room can only be made through the big bedroom or through the bathroom. The kitchen needs renovating with more modern appliances. It was also in need of kitchen utensils. There was also a nice balcony.

I've stayed in a number of apartments in Budapest. This is not the best but neither is it the worst.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jaredxtian
Reviewed March 11, 2011

good in price,infront of the hotel u find a stop it takes u in 5 min to downtown,parking place,grocerie store about 2 min walking...perfect for a long and bussy day in budapest.

• Stayed: October 2010