“Deliciously elegant meal”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Right across from Hotel Andrassy / Baraka and close to Hero's Square, this was a delicious and nicely portioned meal for the quality. My colleague also said they showcase modern artwork which rotates so that could be neat to see - though I did not appreciate the scary clown on the wall directly across from me - otherwise the atmosphere was nice. Speaking on food, this was a nice contrast from the awful tasting and serviced meal at Sinatra's Piano Bar the previous night, this was one of the best meals I had in Budapest. Went with a group with a pre-selected menu so I can't comment on other selections or price but I recommend all items we had: chicken meat soup with vegetables, Mangalica pork with fresh letcho and parslied potato (with GB Cuvee), and for dessert - Panna Cotta with G-spot (I mean, really, what better way to end a meal?). Seriously though, the dessert was great - nice strawberry jam taste in the panna cotta and the named dessert wine. The pork meat fell apart - in a good way - and was apparently a very special Hungarian dish. Soup was very light but nice. It's quality over quantity here so don't expect huge portions but rather a nice elegantly semi-light meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank distractinwanderlust
There are newer reviews for Kogart

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been in Budapest while in a short vacation trip with my fianceé. First we've been drawn down to this place by the nice outside terrase and romantic ambiance while walking the streets of Budapest, but soon discovered that not only the place was nice - the food was just awesomely prepared! Everything was perfect: the service, ambiance, food (even the bread!). We paid for the meal the equivalent of 33 euro and it was the best value for a meal that we ever got so far!
I recommend this place to everyone who will travel to Budapest.

1  Thank Xen C
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food is very good, and their exhibitions are at least as good.
They are close to the Heroes Squre, you can walk there or take the underground (2nd oldest in Europe, after the London underground)-

1  Thank Agnes56
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location and very friendly staff.
Traveling with 18 other business colleagues, the staff made sure everyone's dietary restrictions were met.
Atmosphere was great, very clean and food was excellent!

1  Thank Invinoveritas79
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Perfect service, fantastic food. Strongly recomended =) Besides there is no the same by qulity one in that district

1  Thank Adekvatnbly