“Nice atmosphere - good service”

Dunaparti Matroz Kocsma
Ranked #562 of 3,460 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here three times during our stay in Budapest. It was fairly close to the Carlton Hotel. Great Gulash soup and a good choice of Hungarian meals. Staff very pleasant and wine very reasonable. Most expensive meal (main course + sweet + wine) £28. Service is not included so tip the waiter!

1  Thank Ken S

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place - amazing fish soup, great goulash (take the metal bowl!!) Good price great view cool vibe, recommended!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped here for a light lunch and was a little upset on how long it took to get our food. The wait was soon forgotten when my delicious goulash arrived! It was very classic Hungarian and I enjoyed every last bite. The price was unbeatable and they had an extensive menu selection with a few good beers to choose from. The atmosphere was very basic but had a lovely view of the Danube. Overall my friends and I enjoyed our lunch besides the extremely long wait.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

On a recent visit to Budapest While we were walking back from the Kiraly Baths we spotted what looked like a nice restaurant, the Dunaparti Matroz Kocsma...

We took a look at the menu and peeked inside and it looked so inviting that we thought we'd take a chance and make dinner reservations for that night. It turned out to be very good.

We were staying on the Pest side and it was easy to walk there. We crossed to the Buda side on the Chain bridge, made a right on the first street which parallels the river, and the restaurant is about 1/2 mile along. We sat at one of a few tables on the river-side of the restaurant, and I could look out the window at the lighted Chain bridge and my friend could look out from her side of the table at the lighted Parliament buildiing.

We asked to have a glass of the house red wine apiece whle we looked at the menu and, as we had been eating a lot of fish, I ordered rolled rumpsteak with spinach and curded ewe’s cheese stuffing, served with grilled zucchini and corn (3150) and my friend had rumpsteak with gorgonzola butter and jacket potatoes (3190) We also had a bottle of red wine, and a rare dessert - a kind of poppy seed compote in a fila dough shell with roasted pumpkin. Everything was great and the entire meal came to about US $60.00

There were only about four other tables filled that night, two with three people and two with two people, and as far as we could tell no-one except us was speaking English. We would go back here, if only to try something else.

1  Thank Pjk
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Imagine being in London, sat in a restaurant eating beautifully prepared food, drinking fabulous wine with a view if tower bridge and the Thames...
Ok it's the chain bridge and the Danube but still stunning all the same.
I had the pork and slambuc and my partner had the venison and sage roast potatoes, then on our second visit 2 days later we had what the other had last time!
Amazing Hungarian dry white wines- friendly staff happy to recommend. Always tell people about how fab this place is- GO!!!!