“Terrible place”

Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown
Ranked #138 of 3,384 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Trofea Grill Restaurant is an all you can eat and drink restaurant. However you can use our restaurant for different types of events like Birthday party, Meetings, Annual Meeting, Team-building, Bachelorette party, Wedding reception and for Families or for Friends. In every occasion we support you with a cake according to our tradition. Our price includes not just the wide range of delicious foods but the high-quality champagnes and wines as well. Come, and try our traditional meals and the unforgettable atmosphere!!!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Waiters ignored me repeatedly.
Twice a waiter bumped me in passing as I tried to eat.
I waited so long for a drink that I had to go to the hostess desk and ask for service while the manager stared at me as if I was out of line.
What a dirty stain on what is a kind and beautiful city.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,388)

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The waitor accidentally spilled 1 bottle of wine in the table which ruined 2 mens clothes, and our evening. We were 3, and we got to eat 3-4 bites before the accident. After this they ment we should pay and that they didnthave any reresponsibility to our clothes (the damages). Then they said pay or we call the police, so we left anyways. We have been living closely to this restaurant in our visit of Budapest, and unfortunately it wasnt our only bad experience with them. It seemed like the food was nice, but service sucked, and they tried to scam us with prices.

2  Thank Rasmus B
trofeagrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

On behalf of our management we deeply apologize for your unfortunate experience. We take full responsibility for any inappropriate bahavior of our stuff, and as a token of our apology we still would like to offer the opportunity to pay of your cleaning costs you incurred as result of the incident.

We are looking forward to being able to make this up to you.

Best Regards,
Trofea Management

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The first thing you have to say is this is amazing value. Nice interior and friendly staff who explain it all to you before you take your table there are some comments about the staff being rude, I never saw this at all. The choice of dishes is huge so I am sure everyone will find a multitude of dishes that they like both hot and cold. The grill has a huge selection including a fair amount of sea food which is nice, plenty of horderves and hot dishes with a good selection of deserts and cheese which is a bit plastic. The amazing value is that all your drinks are included soft, bear, wine or champagne which I always think is an awful drink to go with a meal far better on its own. I would certainly go again and would recommend it to all.

1  Thank Simon W
trofeagrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the nice review andrecommendation! We hope to see you often in our restaurant in Budapest and we can prove all the time that it's worth to visit us!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Always a bit concerned by buffee's but this place was awesome - everything we ate was top quality - well cooked - not cheap cuts or cheap foods - the unlimited champagne was great - a dry Hungarian wine with good quality. Will have no problems recommending this place for others.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Sushi, French style cheeses and good champagne that I loved. Besides that there are fish, meat pizzas and salads. Both wines are not bad. Till 17:00. After that the price goes up. All you can eat buffet. Waiter serves drinks in bottles and glasses.