“Ok food for dinner, not so good for lunch. Bad service overall.”

Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown
Ranked #136 of 3,346 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Trofea Grill Restaurant is an all you can eat and drink restaurant. However you can use our restaurant for different types of events like Birthday party, Meetings, Annual Meeting, Team-building, Bachelorette party, Wedding reception and for Families or for Friends. In every occasion we support you with a cake according to our tradition. Our price includes not just the wide range of delicious foods but the high-quality champagnes and wines as well. Come, and try our traditional meals and the unforgettable atmosphere!!!
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to this location twice-once for dinner and once for lunch. Dinner had a nice selection of food and was fresh. I went for lunch next day, and it seems like the food was a leftover from the night before (although there are some items such as salmon and goose liver you can get during dinner only). The service was awful. Waiters didn`t bother to ask if I needed anything, so I had to get their attention. Then I asked for coffee. A female waitress totally ignored me. I finished my dessert, but the coffee wasn`t coming. I waited 15-20 min (watching her meanwhile, there was only three other tables to serve for two waiters). I then went to administrator and complained. She apologized and sent a gentleman with the coffee. He was in charge during the shift and apologized. It looks like they want to get good reviews on tripadvisor (flyers are everywhere) and care (not enough to give discount for bad service though). I went to another location (Margit on Buda side) once, and the service was awful as well.
Resume: go there for dinner and don`t tip if the service is bad. Don`t go for lunch, as the food is not fresh (both times I went for lunch in two different locations was the same). For dinner, you can get goose liver, shrimp, some nice desserts. I enjoyed my dinner, but because I had bad experience during lunch twice, I have mixed feelings about Trofea Grill in Budapest.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

One of the best tourist restaurants we have come across.Great food,great service and a great idea. FUN.

2  Thank charliehebdo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a stop that everyone visiting Budapest should make.
Was good quality food, the atmosphere was nice and relaxing, the service was fast and our waiter, Istvan was really polite and helpfull.
We had a lot to choose from, different soups, large salad bar, and the main hungarian dishes were various.
The grill side gave us a a variety of fish, meat and veggie to have prepared for us.
All drinks are included.
Was a nice experience we enjoyed, make sure to go with an empty stomach! Three ours after our dinner we had to go for a long walk...very long!

*F&D*

2  Thank Gipsychicduo
trofeagrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your nice review an the sentence about Trofea : "This is a stop that everyone visiting Budapest should make." We hope you have to go for many "long walks" in your life - which means you visited and enjoyed Trofea's all you can eat service often!
Best Wishes!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Amazing value.
Great selections of hot and cold foods, loved the duck, the venison was a bit dry, some of the cold foods were "strange", others were good to taste.
The good thing about the all you can eat style restaurants is you can try a lot and go back for more of the ones you like most. The grill section is great, you pick as much as you want from the meat and fish selection which the chef places in a bowl, gives you a number to return and collect your freshly prepared food 10 minutes later. Nice dessert selection too.
I had a beer first, my partner having wine, then moved onto champagne and the waiter then suggested we have a bottle of champagne on the table... We were both a little tipsy when we left but what a great value for money restaurant, .
Oh and a mention to the staff, everyone we encountered was polite friendly and helpful

1  Thank bobsyerunkle
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I really can't believe how they can do it for the price. For less than 6000 HUFS each ( about £16), we had five courses and two bottles of wine. And for those who claim you can't get authentic Hungarian cuisine, you certainly can. I had tripe and trotters, followed by goulash soup. It was delicious. We paid about the same in a Poncey pizza restaurant the night before, for two pizzas and a bottle of wine. The grill is amazing, the cook prepares the food in front of you, and you can have as much as you like. You can also have as much alcohol as you want as part of the price, it's that simple. It's best to go when you are feeling hungry as there is so much to eat. I went on to have catfish, tuna, then gypsy roast. One big point, if you are given a leaflet of recommendation by a street canvasser, remember to hand it in when you arrive; the canvassers work purely on commission and will not make any wages if you don't tell the restaurant that they recommended it to you. I would be enormous if this place was near me, really don't know how they do it for the price.
Daniel Pardoe

2  Thank Dancred
TrofeaGrill, Manager at Trofea Grill Restaurant Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Our Dear Guest "Daniel Pardoe",

Thank you very much for your lovely recommendation left on us here on TripAdvisor. We truly hope we can welcome you again in our restaurant in this May again to taste Pizza, wine, catfish, tuna, then gypsy roast.. and other delicious food! :)

Best Regards