“Cozy vegetarian cafe”
Review of Macska

Macska
Ranked #476 of 3,460 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hi we are a bar with lot of fine drinks from Hungary. We have a small kitchen with daily menu maximum 10 kind of meals. Opening time: Monday to wednesday 16-00, thursday 16-01.Friday: 16-02. Kitchen open time monday to friday 16-22.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Low priced, tasty vegetarian food in a laid back cafe. Really cool decorations on the wall. Good if you want to hang out with friends or just read a book. I went alone for my first meal in Budapest. I mentioned to the barista (who spoke excellent English) that I was feeling a little sick. She made me an amazing, tasty ginger-lemon tea which immediately made me feel better. I got the ratatouille burrito, which was very good -- packed with veggies and topped with sauce. On my way out, the barista gave me a free bag of ginger crackers to help with my throat. How kind!

2  Thank Kevin K

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Small pub in the 8th district with homebrew beers, good vegetarian food and friendly staff. Ideal for friends or informal business.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I can t see anything to dislike about this place. The staff is really friendly and speak very good english. The atmosphere is great warm and cosy. It is situated in a quiet and relaxing aera of Budapest. The food is really good. The choice is limited but the option are so good that you surely can pick something to satisfy you. I had the ratatouille which as good (if not better) than the one you can have in south east of France (where I m from) not fat or watery, just perfect. And it is cheap and served in generous portion. Even if you are not vegetarian I recommend this place.

2  Thank The_Poulette
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant located in the 8th district in Budapest - 3min walk from the tram stop Rakoczi. The restaurant has two floors, the bottom one has tables and chairs and the top one is carpeted and has pillows to sit on the floor - great atmosphere - very cosy. You have to order down stairs and when it's ready they'll take it to you. Very nice friendly staff. Very good food, maybe the best vegetarian I've had! I will definitely go back! Cheap. Excellent restaurant!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The portions served are huge, very tasty, and great value; the owners are very nice and they immediately make you feel at home. Don't forget to sample some amazing Hungarian beer (definitely pints!) in this amazing ambiance.

1  Thank OliviaPetraComan