“Absolutely terrible - most disgusting food EVER”
Review of Angelo Party Cafe

Angelo Party Cafe
Ranked #1,075 of 3,277 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

On our last evening in Budapest the restaurant recommended to us by our friends was closed. Angelo Cafe, just opposite of our hotel, seemed to be the only option to get food on a Sunday night.
I deeply regret to have even set a foot into this place. Still now if I remember the food (especially the main dish) I feel like throwing up!!
We ordered two soups which were, after adding some tabasco, lets say eatable.
For main dish we ordered Paprika chicken with Hungarian pasta. We received cold overcooked pasta with some over cooked chicken with a disgusting creamy sauce. ALL cold. We asked the waiter to warm it up. He took the plate and came back after some while. The food was still cold. When we called him again he said that this was the way it is served. Cold pasta and only the sauce is hot (but also the sauce was not hot). Even with tabasco we could not get any taste out of it. When I found a hair in the dish my appetite was completely blocked and we left immediately.
A pity that such a restaurant exists in the street which is called restaurant street. For me the only reason why the restaurant is still alive is that tourists go. People that never come back.
So even on a Sunday evening, better you go to bed hungry!!!!

There are newer reviews for Angelo Party Cafe

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Surprised by the negative reviews below as my friend and I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The waiter was really polite and helpful too. We went here as it was opposite the hotel and we were tired. We ordered from the Hungarian recommended items. The starters and the mains were really good (wasn't a fan of the dessert but am very picky about cake). This was our last night and this was the best meal we both had during our stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I hope we wouldn't have entered this restaurant. We ordered two pizzas which were very dry / burned and did not have any tomato sauce (which they were supposed to have). So overall the pizzas tasted bad. The waiter could speak english to the point when we complained about the pizzas; After that she was silent. We also waited the bill to arrive for quite a while.

Only good thing was beer, which was cheap and was brought fast to the table.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food here was nothing special- goulash soup lacked taste and the chicken was tough. The service was nonchalant and the waitress gave us the impression we were interrupting her chat with friends. The only real plus was the laid back atmosphere of Raday U

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We ordered 3 soups and 3 sandwiches for 6 people, after 50 minutes they brought the 3 soups which were fairly cold. 15 minutes later they brought 2 of the 3 sandwiches and claimed that we did not order a third one. My biggest issue is not with the misunderstanding but with the fact that the waiter made nothing to amend the problem, just gave us a blank stare and walked away murmuring something like "kitchen closed".
In summary, horrible service, so-so food (for those who got to eat something) and the certainty that I will never eat here again, and neither should you as there are dozens of likely better places in the same street.
And on top of it all.... it was karaoke night, with some singing that made my ears bleed.