“Bad weather, good food”

Mak
Ranked #125 of 3,108 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Central European, Hungarian, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Budapest
“Bad weather, good food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

As I walked along the Danube and clumps of wet snow were sticking to everything, I found refuge in this out of the way spot by the Chain Bridge. The décor caught my eye and the menu with its seafood options was a pleasant surprise. I had a perfectly salmon as my main and a spicy chocolate tart for dessert. Waiters were very pleasant and professional. On par with the quality of the food. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great bistro in Budapest”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited this Bistro, in a pleasant location near the Danube in central Budapest, for a special occasion and it was perfect. Lovely atmosphere, friendly very professional staff and an excellent interesting meal, beautifully presented. The food was an unusual take on often Hungarian food, delicious and very good value (set lunch of 3 courses) followed by good coffee. Marvellous!

• Visited March 2013
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unbelievable food, specific atmosphere”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Shortly ago I traveled with my dad to Budapest, and on our way we found "Mak Bistro", we decided to stop and check this restaurant and we war surprised how this place can be so specific. The food was very good and delicious, friendly and beautiful atmosphere, all was great. When we went it was pretty quiet so we could really relax and enjoy. It was a wonderful experience in eating in that restaurant. If you would only take a look at the pictures you'll see the peacefulness I’m talking about. Anyway, I definitely recommend this restaurant to all of you.

• Visited January 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Best wine dinner ever”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Last week specific rare wines of some famous Hungarian wineries were offered at Mak Bistro. The event was named MAD@MAK, which refers to a special wine region of the country, MÁD. I was told, that these wines have a unique flavour thanks to the individual ground of the area. Well, it was. The delicious food and the wines were in perfect harmony, you could easily see how carefully the items of the menu were picked up. I'm 100% satisfied with the performance and the attitude of the restaurant. Thanks MAK the great experiences :)

Visited February 2013
Zagreb, Zagrebacka, Croatia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent choice with Mak”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was there with my friends in february 2013. As we first came in it looked like a normal restaurant but it's so much more. We ordered our food and it came fast, that's a huge plus for me and my friends. The food was rich of flavours that combined greatly. The restaurant's ambiance was neat and you could get that central european atmosphere. Service was friendly, always smiling and accepting our requests. Only little remark goes to the beef that was a bit dry. Price was acceptable for all the things you get. So if you sum everyhing up Mak is an excellent choice if you're visiting Budapest.

• Visited February 2013