“Great Experience”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Located close to the central part of the city, the staff welcomed our group of 18 for lunch. We were served a 3 course lunch, and each dish was very tasty.
Staff easily communicated with our English only speaking group.
Would recommend going for local cuisine and an interesting experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booking for dinner is essential. Creative food, quite small portions - large wine list. Nice atmospheric setting (around 40 seats). Good location (close to Gresham and downtown Basilica) - pricey. Excellent and attentive service.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

All the stuff you wouldn’t think twice about eating, this kitchen turns it into something amazing. I didn’t think you could eat a zucchini flower but the way they did it up breaded and fried to a crisp and served with a very creamy polenta, made me think twice about tossing my vegetable ends. I wasn’t brave enough to try the lamb’s tongue but my Hungarian friend swears by it. Maybe next time.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The waiter explained that the starters here are sort of like tapas which means the portions aren’t too big but you get to try more things on the menu. I settled for 4 courses, starting with a cold apple soup with strawberries. Sounded bizarre but was really refreshing and a perfect lead in to my second course of scallops. Being more of a fish than meat eater I chose the sea bass and luckily it was perfectly cooked and remarkably fresh for being served in a landlocked country. And if you have a chance to eat here, don’t skip the dessert. The chocolate mousse with strawberries was simple but outstanding!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Mak Bisztro was recommended both my international and Hungarian friends. They are focusing on fresh ingredients of the day, and the menu is changing daily. The quality of the raw materials was very good, but the portions were extremely small. I ordered as starter the St.Jacques scallops and a risotto as a main dish, and although I am normarl in weight and always carefull with my diet, I left the restaurant hungry :-((. The flavours were good, but I have eaten this level of food in other restaurants in Budapest too, so not truly unique. May be for lunch is a better choice.
The environement was modern and friendly, and the whole atmospheare was pleasant.