“Seducing”

Description: Good value, Located in the Grand Karoyli Palace w/ Courtyard
Budapest, Hungary
“Seducing”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I found it in a long list of Budapest restaurants in town. After some fine restaurants before New Year's Eve, I had here my best dinner ever in Budapest. At the same time simple and tasty, rich and genuine, typical and not expensive at all. I got seduced by the live music masterly played at the piano and the man who chose the excellent hungarian plates for me. I don't know whether he was the young owner, but I felt snuggled, if not seduced.

Embraced by the magnificent building of Petofi Museum, facing its garden, I can image how fatally my heart would melt at the blow of its terrace plunged into the summer night breeze.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Should be busier”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

What a fantastic place. Lovely food, lovely service. This place should be packed. Hopefully in time this will be the case. Can't wait to return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank RobertDazzler
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great location, good ambience and delicious food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ate in the beautiful courtyard one hot evening in July, listening to the pianist playing while we ate. The waiter was extremely helpful with his recommendations and the food was delicious. Will definitely eat here again when I return to Budapest.

• Visited July 2013
Espoo, Finland
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Loved the place the moment we find it by accident. Service was very good and the waiter seemed experienced. We ate in the terrace garden. Food was delicious and the pianist completed our visit.

• Visited July 2013
Zurich
“Best value restaurant of our 5 day stay.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate at about 8 different places in Budapest during our stay and this place was our best overall experience. It was excellent food without the large price tag you pay a little coser to the river. It's also in a lovely quiet courtyard of a museum. So if you don't like sitting in crowded sidewalk restaurants, I recommend this.

I found the service polite and, thankfully, not pushy. The food was not the super heavy tourist menu stodge, but good solid Hungarian food with some more interesting options. They helped us with a local wine selection and there was live piano. (It's really nice to have live music where they are not walking up in your face with a violin trying to solicit tips.) If you're in the central Pest area, I can't recommend this enough compared to the competition.

• Visited May 2013