“Over priced muck”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A grill restaurant
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is definitely a restaurant to be avoided . It is over priced and the food is awful . We had my brothers birthday dinner here because they sold it very well to us but what we got was not what we paid for . They served three of the starters and we had to wait almost 5 mins before they came with my husbands starter and the quality and the presentation was no where near restaurant standard in fact it wasn't even cafe standard . two of the mains were brought out and again we had to wait for the other 2 . My husband and brother got the goulash and it looked like someone threw up on the plate it was just sloped on with some mash potatoes . There was a floor show on that was by no means worth the €3 extra a head we had to pay for it . All in all I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone .

2  Thank Rita F

Reviewed February 7, 2013

PROS:
* Nice location, near by Duna river and Vaci Street.
* Wonderful service, very friendly staff, pro pianist Janos.
* Quality meat (especially the ones served at hot stone).
* Wide range of quality wines.
* Free limousine service to your hotel.
* Nice decoration, comfortable chairs.
CONS:
* They charge 15% service fee automatically. We would tip at least that amount but I don't like the place that automatically charges service.

Whatever, overall 5 stars anyway :)

6  Thank Murat S
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place is extremely over priced. We had the goulash soup which was decent, but the main course of pork and chicken filet on the hot stone was bland and not appetizing. The show was in the middle of the seating area, it was entertaining but overall not worth the amount of money that we paid.

1  Thank Henry R
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I called to reserv a table to dine and see the dance and music show. I got a table on the second floor and I asked if I was really able to see the show from there. It was not nice sitting as the only person with my baby upstairs and I couldnt see anything. I went down and complained and then they gave me a table downstairs. But I would have prefered to sit there during the whole dinner. I ate hungarian fish soup as a starter, goulash as main dish and hungarian pancake with ice cream as dessert. It was not good. Tasted like school lunch. The food was defenitely not worth the money! It costed about 12000 forint and with the food I had one glass of wine and one coffea. The waitress was very unproffessional telling me details of her love life and asking me questions way to personal. I went there to have a nice evening and good food and did not really get that. The musicians and the dancers saved my evening thogh! They were very talented and made a great show! Its defenitely worth to go there to see the show, but not to dine. The dessert was ok so it could be a place to eat dessert and see the show. The restaurant offer a free ride home with their limosine which is nice, they took me home but the guys driving was very stressed and complained that they didnt have time enough when I was asking them to help me with the seatbelt that didnt work. When I said that I dont want to ride without a seatbelt they helped me to fix it with the comment " oh my good ". I gave the driver 1000 forint tip anyway because I felt sorry for them.

2  Thank SwedishTraveler80
Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a day sightseeing and walking around the Christmas Market this was a superb place to enjoy our evening meal. Excellent food, tremendous service and great value! Beef cooked on a hot stone - you've got to try it!!

7  Thank carlbretherton