“Night Walk with Boat Tour”

Absolute Walking Tours
$48.77*
Hidden Budapest Walking Tour
Ranked #13 of 306 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Walking Tours offers specially themed tours of Budapest for 15 years now! We offer a daily walking tour that covers all the major sights and many other fun tours. Private guides are also available for individuals and groups.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Our evening tour with Anita began at the office behind the Opera House, which was the first stop.There was an event about to begin at the Opera House, so our access inside was limited to the lobby, which is quite impressive. We were given a brief history and some interesting information about the Opera House before moving on. We walked along Andrassy ut to St. Stephen's Basilica where we were given some historical facts about the Basilica as well as information on the immediate area. We proceeded toward the Danube River and the Chain bridge while stopping occasionally to see some important sites and hear about some of the history. There were many opportunities for some good photographs along the way and Anita was quite patient while the guests took pictures.
While Anita was very professional and informative as well as a very friendly guide, the highlight for me was the nighttime boat ride on the Danube River. Budapest is just gorgeous at night and some of the sites are simply spectacular after dark. I was particularly impressed with the view of the Parliament building. The boat offered an audio guide in twenty languages as well as enclosed and open air seating. Refreshments were also available for purchase.
I thoroughly enjoyed the evening with Absolute Walking Tours. I feel they offer very good value for the price of the tour.

There are newer reviews for Absolute Walking Tours

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I started a 3 day holiday in Budapest with this tour. It was a wonderful introduction to the history and important cultural sights of the city. I enjoyed meeting and spending time with a real Hungarian-our tour guide, Anna.
She was charming, knowledgeable, and responsive to questions. She also spoke very good English. As others have said about their own guides, I thought that she was a wonderful representative of her country. At the end of our tour, the other couple chose to take the tour of Buda. All in all, I thought that this was one of my happiest experiences in Budapest (and I greatly enjoyed my visit there).

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I had a 3 hour Budapest Walking tour with Tamas. He is excellent guide and I strongly recommend tours with him. Despite weather we had a great walk full of interesting historical facts, stories and even elements of a game. Value for money is also excellent - one of the cheapes offers for such high quality product.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We met up at the tour shop just behind the opera house in Budapest to be introduced to our guide Anita. She was extremely competent, knowledgeable and keen for us to take in the sights and information about this great city. As well as being passionate about it she had a lovely sense of humour too. We left the tour with a feeling that we could be part of this great city too for the rest of our stay because of the direction, imparting of information and suggestions she tailored for each of us. Highly recommend this tour. Thank you.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a very enjoyable walking tour with Brigit in September. Would definitely recommend as very good value and Brigit was an excellent and courteous guide.