“Cosy Cafe”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed February 17, 2014

When I asked an old lady which is the nicest cafe in Budapest, she told me Ruszwurm is the best.
I agree with her!
Ruszwurm is located very close to one of the top tourist attractions in budapest. I expected their prices to be tourist level, but they are very moderate (aproximately half the price of cafe Gerbeaud..)
They have very nice cakes, podium torta is my favourite, but all of them are excellent. In summer they also sell homemade icecream, which is very creamy and tasty.
It is an antique, small cafe with limited space to sit and sometimes you have to wait in order to get a seat, but so far it was always worth the wait for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you want to try Hungarian local cakes for a good price in a very athmosperic place then Ruszwurm is your place. Besides cakes you can order different coffees and drinks, palinka, beers etc. I recommend this place if you are in the Castle District of Buda.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ruszwurm is a must visit if you're in the Castle Hill region! Just stop by for a coffee and cake and you won't regret it.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My friend and I happened to come across this place because of it's location. It was very close to our hotel. We stopped in and ordered a couple of slices of cake. Their cake display was awesome. Although it was a tad hard to read their little signage below each cake. The service was great and the cake was excellent. Recommend sitting outside. It was beautiful.

1  Thank minkewaleveld
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stopped by this nice cafe. Although small, but the desert was wonderful. We had the Cream Cake, 400 Hungarian Money. Bathroom is very small. There are lots of people in this cafe. very close to the Fisherman's Bastion (Halaszbastya)

1  Thank happyglobaltraveler