“Good food in the Hilton Budapest”
Review of ICON Restaurant

ICON Restaurant
Ranked #351 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Innovation and tradition meet at Hilton Budapest’s Icon Restaurant. Modern and elegant, the stunning new Icon Restaurant embraces the future and yet pays homage to the history of the Royal Castle District. Icon has introduced warm, fresh and contemporary decor throughout to create a relaxed, friendly and informal atmosphere. The Icon is ideal for getting a taste of a culinary experience or to host a special event in the private dining room. Featuring an upscale 240-seat restaurant with a private salon and 16 panoramic windows guests of Icon can choose from a distinctive Hilton Breakfast to an extraordinary a la carte lunch and dinner menu as well as a sumptuous weekend brunch.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent New Year's eve in the Icon restaurant. Food selection was fine. There was a Jazz trio making the evening more special. We dined there on one more occasion and I have to say without the groups in the New year the experience was much more enjoyable.

GMHILTONBP, General Manager at ICON Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable dining experience at our
restaurant.
I hope we may book your table again soon!
Zoltán Árvai

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The wait staff was very good and the menu contained local and non- local food. We ate early so there was no issue with reservations but I imagine it might be a good idea later. Opens at 6:45 so if you are loking for an early meal, no can do.

GMHILTONBP, General Manager at ICON Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback with us and other valued Travellers of the Trip Advisor Community.
I was so happy to hear that you found the serivce and attitude of our restaurant team professional. I will make sure to share your feedback with them. Please tell your friends about our hotel and come back to see us again.

Zoltán Árvai

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My breakfast was included in my 3 day hotel stay. Beautiful dining room and 180 degree view across two very large dining rooms. The maitre'd was very gracious, quick and hard working, but there seemed to be a hit or miss on waiters being helpful. There was some confusion over sections and maybe some laziness or competitiveness amongst them over your table not being their job or their section, sadly. So, it varied from excellent to completely ignored.

Buffet contained all the usuals for Europe.
Homemade excellent nut-filled mueslix and assorted cereals with yogurt and fruits, fresh and prepared fruit salads, both. Four kinds of juice.
Cold cuts, cheeses, salmon and cold fish with the accouterments of capers, cream cheese, pickles, onions, cucumber slices and tomatoes. The hungarian sliced salami was paprika rich and spicy good.
Hot bar was vividly orange scrambled eggs, excellent meaty bacon, party sized brats and paprika rich poultry sausages. Varying potatoes each day, kind of soggy-steamed, but great roasted tomatoes and grits. Great selection of gourmet individual mustards, honey, jams and marmalades. Of course, being Budapest, the apricot preserves were the best.
Staff served tea and coffee pots to your table, and pitchers of orange juice, so you could make your own refills, or brought espresso and lattes from the kitchen.
Great selection of breads to toast yourself, and at least 20 kinds of muffins, pastries and sweet breads. One extremely delicious quick bread filled with citron, fruits and nuts was my favorite.

Wonderful start to my morning, but didn't excite me like a Hilton breakfast should.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Icon Restaurant is part of the Hilton Budapest. We had dinner here for our anniversary and we made the perfect choice. Laszlo, the restaurant manager, warmly welcomed us and escorted us to our table: it was a big surprise to get a table with one of the best view of the city (overlooking the river, the parliament and just in front of the “Burgberg”.
The menu has a wide selection which can make happy everyone: from the classic (like for example Caprese) to Hungarian dishes, vegetarian and the Hilton Classic (i.e. Hilton Hamburger, Club Sandwich or Caeser Salad). Laszlo recommended us something Hungarian and we enjoyed these dishes. My wife took a delicious goulasch soup and I was positively surprised by a salad with goose liver stripe as starter. Auch the main dishes were pretty well prepared and delicious. We had the chance as well to try the dessert: my cheese cake with the caramel sauce was a dream!
Laszlo recommended us as well a good cabernet sauvignon from Hungary.
During the dinner the service was always kind and attentive, avoiding that our glasses were empty. Everything was good accompanied by piano live music
I can only suggest this restaurant: friendliness of the staff and the breathtaking view are two of the best characteristics of this location.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

First off, the service was top notch, The ambience, the food, is perfect.
My favorite was the salmon with asparagus and the beautiful cakes.
I had no idea that the Hungarian sparkling wine so fine WOW.
Everything was the correct temperature and so tasty.
The wonderful friendly staff did their utmost to make our brunch experience perfect!

GMHILTONBP, General Manager at ICON Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your kind feedback regarding your dining experience at ICON Restaurant.
It is great to know you were pleased with our service as well as our festive food selection.
I am especially proud to hear about the professional attitude of our restaurant personnel. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we look forward to the honour to welcome you back to ICON in the near future.

Zoltan Arvai