“Top friendliness and top view”
Review of ICON Restaurant

ICON Restaurant
Ranked #332 of 3,457 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Innovation and tradition meet at Hilton Budapest’s Icon Restaurant. Modern and elegant, the stunning new Icon Restaurant embraces the future and yet pays homage to the history of the Royal Castle District. Icon has introduced warm, fresh and contemporary decor throughout to create a relaxed, friendly and informal atmosphere. The Icon is ideal for getting a taste of a culinary experience or to host a special event in the private dining room. Featuring an upscale 240-seat restaurant with a private salon and 16 panoramic windows guests of Icon can choose from a distinctive Hilton Breakfast to an extraordinary a la carte lunch and dinner menu as well as a sumptuous weekend brunch.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Icon Restaurant is part of the Hilton Budapest. We had dinner here for our anniversary and we made the perfect choice. Laszlo, the restaurant manager, warmly welcomed us and escorted us to our table: it was a big surprise to get a table with one of the best view of the city (overlooking the river, the parliament and just in front of the “Burgberg”.
The menu has a wide selection which can make happy everyone: from the classic (like for example Caprese) to Hungarian dishes, vegetarian and the Hilton Classic (i.e. Hilton Hamburger, Club Sandwich or Caeser Salad). Laszlo recommended us something Hungarian and we enjoyed these dishes. My wife took a delicious goulasch soup and I was positively surprised by a salad with goose liver stripe as starter. Auch the main dishes were pretty well prepared and delicious. We had the chance as well to try the dessert: my cheese cake with the caramel sauce was a dream!
Laszlo recommended us as well a good cabernet sauvignon from Hungary.
During the dinner the service was always kind and attentive, avoiding that our glasses were empty. Everything was good accompanied by piano live music
I can only suggest this restaurant: friendliness of the staff and the breathtaking view are two of the best characteristics of this location.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

First off, the service was top notch, The ambience, the food, is perfect.
My favorite was the salmon with asparagus and the beautiful cakes.
I had no idea that the Hungarian sparkling wine so fine WOW.
Everything was the correct temperature and so tasty.
The wonderful friendly staff did their utmost to make our brunch experience perfect!

GMHILTONBP, General Manager at ICON Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your kind feedback regarding your dining experience at ICON Restaurant.
It is great to know you were pleased with our service as well as our festive food selection.
I am especially proud to hear about the professional attitude of our restaurant personnel. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for your visit and we look forward to the honour to welcome you back to ICON in the near future.

Best regards,

Zoltan Arvai

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Nice and clean. Though queue sometimes happen at breakfast

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Regardless of your views on such a ugly building being built in such a beautiful location I must admit the views from the restaurant where fantastic, over the Danube and parliament.
We visited midweek and got a window seat. The restaurant was quite but this didn't effect our experience.
The menu was creative but still filling enough to replenish the reserves after a busy day sightseeing.
We had two courses, I had the goulash soup and my gf roasted vegetables with beat root sauce, bright pink much to her delight. I then had duck and the gf the salmon. All where very well cooked and well presented.
All enjoyed with a local Hungarian wine.
All in all well worth our visit for the view and for the delicate tastes with our meal.
Well worth an evening out for the food and the after dinner walk around Fishermans Bastion, not sure we would visit again but that's really not as there was anything negative about our experience, more that Budapest seemed to have lots of great restaurants

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very pleasant setting, lovely staff, tasty food and very reasonable!