“Perfect base....Brilliant Staff”
Review of Nova Apartments

Nova Apartments
Ranked #27 of 671 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We visited the apartments for 3 nights on my stag party and it was the perfect choice for a city centre apartment.

Firstly the booking....Very smooth and easy through their website. Peter Jones the owner also acknowledges emails and is very helpful.

Apartment....Brilliant. we had a larger 2 bedroom apartment on the 5th floor and it easily slept 5 of us. It would have been large enough had 6 travelled! Kitchen and open plan living area with a balcony off of this. big flat screen TV and DVD player. We had 2 DVD's left for us in the room and there are more at reception. Large bathroom with a separate toilet. 2 large bedrooms with wardrobes and a balcony overlooking the street. The balcony was accessible from both bedrooms.

Staff....So helpful!! Csilla and Jodi were amazing. They arranged taxis for us and told us how to navigate the underground. Jodi was very patient with us because we were very confused on how to get around. The service was impeccable! couldn't have asked for more.

Local area....Old mans pub is just 30 seconds walk away and is a great night out with live music and a DJ later. All of the pubs are open until at least 4am but the noise in the apartments is non existent. Best of both worlds really. There is a great restaurant 2 doors away service a brilliant Goulash. Burger King at the end of the road and a 2 minute walk to the trams and Metro line. The river Danube is a 10-15 minute walk but you could get the tram. The perfect base for a weekend away. Plenty of local shops.

Budapest overall....Visit before this place gets overrun with western tourists. The drinks are very cheap and the people are so friendly. Go to the baths as this is a great experience. We found several local bars and the Hungarians are so friendly and generally their English is very good which is a good job because all we knew how to say was "hello".

If your thinking of booking an apartment in Budapest you will not find anything better. The rates are great and the city is just brilliant. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 5, 2011

As soon as we saw the room we were shocked at the space & quality everything was clean & well layed out & modern all at very a reasonable price. All the staff were freindly & helpful and can advise you on everthing going on in the location which is central to everything. We will definitly go back again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We looked far and wide for a clean,reasonably priced apartment rental. Nova fits the bill perfectly.Close to shops,restaurants and the main sights of Budapest.Transport is easily accessible.
The apartment was very smart ,clean and functional.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
I met some fellow Australian tourists staying there and they also were very impressed with Nova apartment accomodation.
I thoroughly recommend the NOVA Apartments for your stay in Budapest ,
Regards,
George K from Sydney Australia.
Ge
I

Room Tip: West facing room best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I just come back from a 5 days spent at Nova Apartments in Budapest. Great 2 bedrooms apartment, nicely decorated, clean and with everything you might need. The location is perfect, at the same time for business ( tram to Octogon just one block away, next to Baha Luiza metro station) and for tourism, next to the Jewish quarter, within walking distance of the famous river banks, and in what is a quiet street in this very lively part of town.
Very kind English speaking staff, doing there best to provide you with plenty of information. When I arrived, the Wi-fi was not working properly in the flat (this is why I don't say perfect) but they immediately provided a USB stick so that I could work in the apartment. Wi-fi was definitely repaired 36 hours later.
The pricing (off season) was very, very, reasonable.
I traveled for a mixture of business and solo tourism as I often do. I just wish I would find such a place and such nice people whenever I land in an unknown city !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2011

myself and a friend stayed at the nova apartments for a long weekend in budapest, and i can not stress enough how friendly and helpful all the staff at the apartments were. the flat was very clean and the location could not have been better - it was easy to take public transport or start walking around the streets from. grocery shops were right around the corner and for sudden hunger strikes, a pizza place and a turkish kebab shop were on the other side of the road. the apartment was quiet and felt very safe. would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We learned about the Apartments in Internet and we liked the offer. The place was good, there weren't many cars in the street so it was quietly and we could enjoy our rest. The receptionists were really kind and nice to us. They were always smiling and interested in me. I made a friend there. The receptionist Jodi Wade, we shared informations about each other and I really enjoyed being there talking to her.
The Apartments were great, too. The rooms were clean, not so small and very cosy. We all slept well. But I can't tell much about the service and other stuff, because we stayed only one night and had to leave early in the morning, but we had a great rest. And I'd like to thank them all, because they sent me my charger, which I forgot there. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

A bit late writing this review, but felt I had to say how good the apartment we had was.
The apartments were in a modern block with easy access to the sights of Budapest.. First day there, we walked to the city centre, not too far away. However the underground service is easy to use, and the station is only two minutes from the apartments.

The apartment itself was brilliant, ( ours even had a whirlpool bath ), spotlessly clean and free WI-FI . Reception staff very friendly and helpfull.

Try the pub opposite for a good night out .

Room Tip: The Old Mans Music pub directly opposite is a good night out.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple