Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,197 results
All reviewsnice hotelfree wifihomeless peoplenew york cafemetro stationrestaurant staffpublic transportationthe riverbuffet breakfastbusiness tripcentral locationbudapest cityroom was spaciousjewish quarterthree nightson footmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights with friends, in 3 rooms. The hotel itself is really nice, big rooms, everything necessary is there. Minus is there is no free wifi in t\he rooms, you have to go to the lobby. And we had problems with payment organization - we have payed for all rooms in advance, but when cheking in money has been withdrawn from credit cards again, and even bigger than the cost of our rooms. The staff couldn't organize money return...Seems we'll have to wait 1 month for the bank to withdraw the block. That is not a good organization in a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. I was delighted to read your generous remarks on the cleanliness and size of our rooms. Our goal is to provide every necessity during your stay at our hotel. Free wireless Internet access can be enjoyed by our guests in the lobby and the public areas. Please receive our most sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the payment at the reception. Based on your feedback we will carefully examine this issue.

I hope to welcome you back in the future and please be ensured that you will receive the level of personal service you are accustomed to.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel was a bit difficult to reach by car, and if you miss a specific exit you may end up driving a clover route to finally reach the place because of the one way roads.

But having finally reached it, I can say that the hotel is superb - Very clean, nice furnishings, good working airco, good tv, good bathrooms, good breakfast selection (a fine mix of fresh cooked eggs, champignons, and fruit). Room also has good fast internet (which is not free, but was included in my rate...).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

We enjoyed reading your compliments on our guest rooms and the facilities which are designed to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I am very proud that the breakfast selection was a pleasure for you.

I hope you would consider to stay at our hotel again the next time when you arrive to Budapest.

My very best,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel is very good as usually you can expect from a Marriott hotel. Room was excellent, only missing thing for me was that the hotel does not have a lounge. Will definitely stay there when back to Budapest next time.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving us such a positive comment. We are more than happy that we could ensure you every expectation from a Marriott brand. We are also glad that you have enjoyed our spacious rooms. As Courtyard is a select service brand among the Marriott brands, instead of a lounge we offer a modern lobby, where our guests can chat, relax or connect to the Internet with the free lobby WiFi access.

Again, thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We would be more than happy to accommodate you at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center when your travel brings you back to Budapest.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff was great and always helpful. Right next to the subway at a very central place. The breakfast was excellent, well prepared, with a variety of goods. It was the conference hotel but I would probably choose it anyways.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center and writing such a positive review. I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our staff. I am happy that you have found the breakfast tasty and abundant as well as that you were satisfied with the central location of the hotel.

The employees will be thrilled to know their efforts were acknowledged and appreciated.
Let me thank you once more for your valuable feedback and I cannot wait for the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future which will be hopefully as pleasant as this previous one.

My very best,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel sits smack at the intersection of the metro (line 2) as well as the tram. Getting in and out and all over town was a breeze. Hotel staff is pleasant but the real fun is at the bar. Daniel and his team make for fun happy hours! Rooms are typical Courtyard--not many bells and whistles. Happy with the amenities for the money I pay. Breakfast spread is very good but I'd be grateful if they'd work on their scrambled eggs. I had dinner there one evening and the foie gras was unbelievably wonderful! Concierge was nowhere to be seen most of my stay even though business cards were all over the place. My four nights at the hotel were most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Perfect springboard for sightseeing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences and write such kind words regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to learn about your compliments on our rooms and location – indeed we ensure easy access to both metro line 2 and the tram. It fills us with joy that you were happy with the restaurant, especially with the happy hours. Please be assured that we have noted your slight negative comment as well.

Once more, thank you for your generous feedback. We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Ferenc Horvath