Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,197 results
All reviewsnice hotelfree wifihomeless peoplenew york cafemetro stationrestaurant staffpublic transportationthe riverbuffet breakfastbusiness tripcentral locationbudapest cityroom was spaciousjewish quarterthree nightson footmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We just came back from a 5 day trip to Budapest and really enjoyed staying at this hotel.
The room, breakfast, service and the people working there were so helpful and friendly!
The location was also in a great location for those who like to walk everywhere and also right next to the public transportation which would take you in any direction.
I would definitely go back and stay there!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Susan D,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with the rooms and the breakfast and that you have found the staff helpful and friendly.
Special thanks for highlighting the location of our hotel with easy accessibility to the public transportation.

We are looking forward to welcome you again when travelling to Budapest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Courtyard by Marriot is well placed in the city of Budapest, but you need to be able to get around.
Hotel is just over the road from the nearest tube (metro) system ft300 for a ticket into the city or ft350 up to the castle district. Once you buy the ticket get it stamped in the machine by the entrance gates. Don't smile at the staff cos you're wasting your time, they'll not smile back, in fact they get paid more for not smiling all day!!!

All hotel clean and staff friendly. Reception staff very well informed and offer lots of advice.

Taxis - be warned they WILL rip you off. Therefore order taxis via the hotel and agree on the price.

Breakfast at the hotel very nice, all types catered for. Cooked breakfast - small sausages (paprika sausage, stays with you all day!!!!). Breads and pastries, meats and cheese plus yogurts and fruit.

Free wifi in reception but not in the rooms.

Very good value for money. Got my deal via Groupon.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center while staying in Budapest and writing such a good feedback.

I am glad to read that you have found the hotel in a great location with easy access to the public transportation and many attractions.
I really appreciate your comment on the cleanliness of the rooms and that you liked the staff being very friendly and well informed.

Special thanks for highlighting the excellence and the wide choice of the breakfast.

Great Internet service is a top priority for our travelers that is why we are continuously building up Wi-Fi access in all hotel rooms.

Thank you again for your valuable review and I look forward to have the possibility to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is everything you would expect from a modern Marriott. Its clean, tidy, and somewhat high-spec. The breakfast was all we could have asked for with fresh coffees and cooked or cold food.

We didn't have much to do with the staff, but they were all very friendly from what we saw.

Location is great, you are surrounded by all of the attractions and each is a pleasant walk away. The bars in the side streets shouldn't be missed, especially Szimpla Kert. Excellent restaurants in the vicinity including Lado Cafe and Chess Restaurant.

Only negative was the poor quality wifi but we managed with 3G perfectly well.

Would definitely stay here again.

Ps don't miss the 'Gyros' (kebab) shop round the corner to the left of the hotel, they're to die for and only about £1.50!

Room Tip: Avoid front facing rooms if you don't want to hear sirens in the night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Louise G,

Thank you for your kind review on your stay at our hotel while exploring Budapest.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met by finding everything clean and the breakfast varied.
Special thanks for the nice opinion about the staff and the location of the building with easy access to many attractions.

I am glad that you loved the restaurants and bars of this vibrant city that always provide a great atmosphere to spend a pleasant evening there.
I truly hope that you have visited and enjoyed the famous sights nearby including the Andrássy Road, the Heroes’ Square, the Parliament or even the Danube Promenade.

Fast and reliable Internet service is a top priority for our travelers. For this reason we have upgraded our Internet connection in the past months, moreover Wi-Fi access will be available very soon in all hotel rooms.

Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your kind experience on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
I am looking forward to welcome you next time.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very nice hotel in the broader city centre. I had the honour to be upgraded as Gold to junior suite and room was amazing, huge room with living room area and sleeping area split by wall and toilet and entrance few stairs above. Breakfast is good, gets quite busy if the hotel is full, but stuff manages quite well and there are just very short moments before they refill food that’s missing. Reception is efficient, very polite and helpful. Lunch you can get for discounted price 2 or 3 course menu of your choice (mostly pasta or pizza as main). The only small downside was very, very slow internet on the room. Overall positive experience, fantastic room, will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a positive feedback on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you loved our junior suite by finding it huge and comfortable.
I also appreciate that you were satisfied with the breakfast and the service of the reception team.

High-speed Internet access is a priority for our travelers whether they are staying for business or leisure. Thank you for your comment on the speed of the connection, we will make the necessary steps to investigate this issue.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and I am looking forward to accommodate you in our hotel when traveling to Budapest next time!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited the hotel's restaurant on a special offer when guest can wine and dine for 50 % (called Torkos Csutortok, held on the 31st of Jan, it happens once a year). We thought it's a great opportunity to try something elegant, different and superb. So we went with high expectations. Ambience is great, we got wonderful seating in front of the open plan kitchen. The waiters were helpful, and we studied the menu more or less beforehand. The food was exquisite, came on time, and together, no fault there, except for one waitress, who just does not fit. I'm sorry, so wasn't at all kind, forgot one of the TWO wines, and when we said after 10 pm, that no thank you we so not wish to order any dessert, she wasn't entirely happy, as it showed on her face, but I thought to myself, it's a special occassion let's order a glass of Tokaji, as it is a dessert wine would be perfect ending of a meal in Budapest, and then I got it, she placed the one down on the table so hard that it almost gone out of the glass, I frankly did not know what to say, and the other wine we ordered with it (wasn't Tokaji) has never came, so we asked for it, and still had to wait and awful lot more. We were a Hungarian group of friends, who wanted to go out any try something different, well we did, but I don't think we'll ever go back, and for that I am sorry, as it could be a really nice place as the location and the food is excellent, BUT the waiters could loosen up a bit, they a far too formal, and that lady waiter could learn what is hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear BKB_13,

Thank you for writing a review on your special dinner at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you liked the ambience and the cuisine of our restaurant and you have found the waiters helpful.

Special thanks for sharing your experience of the wine and food service.
I fully agree with your comment on the wine service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Please be assured that I will personally discuss this issue with our Food & Beverage team to ensure the high level of service our guests expect from Marriott.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to have the possibility to welcome you again.