“Great visit to the city”

Courtyard Budapest City Center
Ranked #54 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
UK
“Great visit to the city”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Courtyard by Marriot is well placed in the city of Budapest, but you need to be able to get around.
Hotel is just over the road from the nearest tube (metro) system ft300 for a ticket into the city or ft350 up to the castle district. Once you buy the ticket get it stamped in the machine by the entrance gates. Don't smile at the staff cos you're wasting your time, they'll not smile back, in fact they get paid more for not smiling all day!!!

All hotel clean and staff friendly. Reception staff very well informed and offer lots of advice.

Taxis - be warned they WILL rip you off. Therefore order taxis via the hotel and agree on the price.

Breakfast at the hotel very nice, all types catered for. Cooked breakfast - small sausages (paprika sausage, stays with you all day!!!!). Breads and pastries, meats and cheese plus yogurts and fruit.

Free wifi in reception but not in the rooms.

Very good value for money. Got my deal via Groupon.

• Stayed February 2013
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center while staying in Budapest and writing such a good feedback.

I am glad to read that you have found the hotel in a great location with easy access to the public transportation and many attractions.
I really appreciate your comment on the cleanliness of the rooms and that you liked the staff being very friendly and well informed.

Special thanks for highlighting the excellence and the wide choice of the breakfast.

Great Internet service is a top priority for our travelers that is why we are continuously building up Wi-Fi access in all hotel rooms.

Thank you again for your valuable review and I look forward to have the possibility to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Ferenc Horváth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is everything you would expect from a modern Marriott. Its clean, tidy, and somewhat high-spec. The breakfast was all we could have asked for with fresh coffees and cooked or cold food.

We didn't have much to do with the staff, but they were all very friendly from what we saw.

Location is great, you are surrounded by all of the attractions and each is a pleasant walk away. The bars in the side streets shouldn't be missed, especially Szimpla Kert. Excellent restaurants in the vicinity including Lado Cafe and Chess Restaurant.

Only negative was the poor quality wifi but we managed with 3G perfectly well.

Would definitely stay here again.

Ps don't miss the 'Gyros' (kebab) shop round the corner to the left of the hotel, they're to die for and only about £1.50!

Room Tip: Avoid front facing rooms if you don't want to hear sirens in the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Louise G,

Thank you for your kind review on your stay at our hotel while exploring Budapest.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met by finding everything clean and the breakfast varied.
Special thanks for the nice opinion about the staff and the location of the building with easy access to many attractions.

I am glad that you loved the restaurants and bars of this vibrant city that always provide a great atmosphere to spend a pleasant evening there.
I truly hope that you have visited and enjoyed the famous sights nearby including the Andrássy Road, the Heroes’ Square, the Parliament or even the Danube Promenade.

Fast and reliable Internet service is a top priority for our travelers. For this reason we have upgraded our Internet connection in the past months, moreover Wi-Fi access will be available very soon in all hotel rooms.

Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your kind experience on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
I am looking forward to welcome you next time.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very nice hotel in the broader city centre. I had the honour to be upgraded as Gold to junior suite and room was amazing, huge room with living room area and sleeping area split by wall and toilet and entrance few stairs above. Breakfast is good, gets quite busy if the hotel is full, but stuff manages quite well and there are just very short moments before they refill food that’s missing. Reception is efficient, very polite and helpful. Lunch you can get for discounted price 2 or 3 course menu of your choice (mostly pasta or pizza as main). The only small downside was very, very slow internet on the room. Overall positive experience, fantastic room, will come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a positive feedback on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you loved our junior suite by finding it huge and comfortable.
I also appreciate that you were satisfied with the breakfast and the service of the reception team.

High-speed Internet access is a priority for our travelers whether they are staying for business or leisure. Thank you for your comment on the speed of the connection, we will make the necessary steps to investigate this issue.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and I am looking forward to accommodate you in our hotel when traveling to Budapest next time!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited the hotel's restaurant on a special offer when guest can wine and dine for 50 % (called Torkos Csutortok, held on the 31st of Jan, it happens once a year). We thought it's a great opportunity to try something elegant, different and superb. So we went with high expectations. Ambience is great, we got wonderful seating in front of the open plan kitchen. The waiters were helpful, and we studied the menu more or less beforehand. The food was exquisite, came on time, and together, no fault there, except for one waitress, who just does not fit. I'm sorry, so wasn't at all kind, forgot one of the TWO wines, and when we said after 10 pm, that no thank you we so not wish to order any dessert, she wasn't entirely happy, as it showed on her face, but I thought to myself, it's a special occassion let's order a glass of Tokaji, as it is a dessert wine would be perfect ending of a meal in Budapest, and then I got it, she placed the one down on the table so hard that it almost gone out of the glass, I frankly did not know what to say, and the other wine we ordered with it (wasn't Tokaji) has never came, so we asked for it, and still had to wait and awful lot more. We were a Hungarian group of friends, who wanted to go out any try something different, well we did, but I don't think we'll ever go back, and for that I am sorry, as it could be a really nice place as the location and the food is excellent, BUT the waiters could loosen up a bit, they a far too formal, and that lady waiter could learn what is hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BKB_13,

Thank you for writing a review on your special dinner at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you liked the ambience and the cuisine of our restaurant and you have found the waiters helpful.

Special thanks for sharing your experience of the wine and food service.
I fully agree with your comment on the wine service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Please be assured that I will personally discuss this issue with our Food & Beverage team to ensure the high level of service our guests expect from Marriott.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to have the possibility to welcome you again.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The Courtyard by Marriott Budapest is a top business hotel. Nice modern rooms, wifi in the room as well, breakfast & dinner tasty, good price, walking distance to down town 20 minutes, airport by taxi 25 minutes, very friendly employees (!)

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear DonN1900,

Thank you for your kind review on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am always happy when I see that the expectations of our guests are met.
It’s nice to read that you liked the location with easy access to the city center and to the airport.

Thank you for your comments on finding our rooms comfortable and our food tasty. I’m also glad that you were satisfied with our employees, as well.

We are looking forward to accommodate you in our hotel again!

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for business and always found it to be very good.
The staff in particular are a credit to the hotel nod themselves, very friendly and efficient although check in/out can sometimes be a little taxing as there are not many desks for what is quite a busy hotel.
Breakfast is better than I have experienced in other hotels in Budapest with a reasonably wide choice.
Bedrooms are very spacious, well equipped and clean. On my visit last week I was given a room overlooking the street, previously I have always had a Courtyard/internal room.
The noise from the street on the external rooms is certainly enough to disturb you very early in the morning, however when I mentioned this in passing on checkout the receptionist commented that they would make a note of this in my preferences on the system which was a nice piece of customer service.
Would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a Courtyard room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gary K!

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center again during your last stay in our capital city and writing such a positive review.

I’m pleased to read that you have found the staff friendly and efficient, our hotel will always do its best to serve the guests on the highest level.

Special thanks for the good feedback regarding the breakfast and its wide choice.
I’m glad that you were satisfied with the space, equipment and cleanliness of the bedrooms and you have found the internal room very calm.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the possibility to accommodate you when you travel next time to Budapest!

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay in this hotel with a lovely big room. Everything was perfect and clean and the breakfast buffet had everything you would want. The bar staff were friendly but we found the reception staff to be polite but not very helpful. We had questions about things like train times and the staff wouldn't find them for us, they just told us to ask at the station. This is nitpicking but we are used to 4* hotels going out of their way to help!
But in general a great hotel which is only 15 minutes walk to the centre and 15 minutes to keleti station

• Stayed January 2013
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Rachb911,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am happy to read that you had a great stay in our hotel and you were satisfied with our spacious rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel, the breakfast selection, our bar staff and the location.

Thank you very much for your comment on your experience with the reception. Our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, therefore, please be assured that I will communicate
this issue to our front desk team in order to make the necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to accommodate you when traveling to Budapest next time.

Kind regards,