“Modern hotel with friendly stuff”

Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center
Ranked #59 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very nice hotel in the broader city centre. I had the honour to be upgraded as Gold to junior suite and room was amazing, huge room with living room area and sleeping area split by wall and toilet and entrance few stairs above. Breakfast is good, gets quite busy if the hotel is full, but stuff manages quite well and there are just very short moments before they refill food that’s missing. Reception is efficient, very polite and helpful. Lunch you can get for discounted price 2 or 3 course menu of your choice (mostly pasta or pizza as main). The only small downside was very, very slow internet on the room. Overall positive experience, fantastic room, will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a positive feedback on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you loved our junior suite by finding it huge and comfortable.
I also appreciate that you were satisfied with the breakfast and the service of the reception team.

High-speed Internet access is a priority for our travelers whether they are staying for business or leisure. Thank you for your comment on the speed of the connection, we will make the necessary steps to investigate this issue.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and I am looking forward to accommodate you in our hotel when traveling to Budapest next time!

Ferenc Horváth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited the hotel's restaurant on a special offer when guest can wine and dine for 50 % (called Torkos Csutortok, held on the 31st of Jan, it happens once a year). We thought it's a great opportunity to try something elegant, different and superb. So we went with high expectations. Ambience is great, we got wonderful seating in front of the open plan kitchen. The waiters were helpful, and we studied the menu more or less beforehand. The food was exquisite, came on time, and together, no fault there, except for one waitress, who just does not fit. I'm sorry, so wasn't at all kind, forgot one of the TWO wines, and when we said after 10 pm, that no thank you we so not wish to order any dessert, she wasn't entirely happy, as it showed on her face, but I thought to myself, it's a special occassion let's order a glass of Tokaji, as it is a dessert wine would be perfect ending of a meal in Budapest, and then I got it, she placed the one down on the table so hard that it almost gone out of the glass, I frankly did not know what to say, and the other wine we ordered with it (wasn't Tokaji) has never came, so we asked for it, and still had to wait and awful lot more. We were a Hungarian group of friends, who wanted to go out any try something different, well we did, but I don't think we'll ever go back, and for that I am sorry, as it could be a really nice place as the location and the food is excellent, BUT the waiters could loosen up a bit, they a far too formal, and that lady waiter could learn what is hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear BKB_13,

Thank you for writing a review on your special dinner at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am glad to read that you liked the ambience and the cuisine of our restaurant and you have found the waiters helpful.

Special thanks for sharing your experience of the wine and food service.
I fully agree with your comment on the wine service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Please be assured that I will personally discuss this issue with our Food & Beverage team to ensure the high level of service our guests expect from Marriott.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to have the possibility to welcome you again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott Budapest is a top business hotel. Nice modern rooms, wifi in the room as well, breakfast & dinner tasty, good price, walking distance to down town 20 minutes, airport by taxi 25 minutes, very friendly employees (!)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear DonN1900,

Thank you for your kind review on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am always happy when I see that the expectations of our guests are met.
It’s nice to read that you liked the location with easy access to the city center and to the airport.

Thank you for your comments on finding our rooms comfortable and our food tasty. I’m also glad that you were satisfied with our employees, as well.

We are looking forward to accommodate you in our hotel again!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for business and always found it to be very good.
The staff in particular are a credit to the hotel nod themselves, very friendly and efficient although check in/out can sometimes be a little taxing as there are not many desks for what is quite a busy hotel.
Breakfast is better than I have experienced in other hotels in Budapest with a reasonably wide choice.
Bedrooms are very spacious, well equipped and clean. On my visit last week I was given a room overlooking the street, previously I have always had a Courtyard/internal room.
The noise from the street on the external rooms is certainly enough to disturb you very early in the morning, however when I mentioned this in passing on checkout the receptionist commented that they would make a note of this in my preferences on the system which was a nice piece of customer service.
Would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a Courtyard room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Gary K!

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center again during your last stay in our capital city and writing such a positive review.

I’m pleased to read that you have found the staff friendly and efficient, our hotel will always do its best to serve the guests on the highest level.

Special thanks for the good feedback regarding the breakfast and its wide choice.
I’m glad that you were satisfied with the space, equipment and cleanliness of the bedrooms and you have found the internal room very calm.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the possibility to accommodate you when you travel next time to Budapest!

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay in this hotel with a lovely big room. Everything was perfect and clean and the breakfast buffet had everything you would want. The bar staff were friendly but we found the reception staff to be polite but not very helpful. We had questions about things like train times and the staff wouldn't find them for us, they just told us to ask at the station. This is nitpicking but we are used to 4* hotels going out of their way to help!
But in general a great hotel which is only 15 minutes walk to the centre and 15 minutes to keleti station

• Stayed: January 2013
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Rachb911,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am happy to read that you had a great stay in our hotel and you were satisfied with our spacious rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel, the breakfast selection, our bar staff and the location.

Thank you very much for your comment on your experience with the reception. Our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, therefore, please be assured that I will communicate
this issue to our front desk team in order to make the necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to accommodate you when traveling to Budapest next time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will simply list the positives. Sorry I had no negative experiences during my 4 night stay.

- Wonderful bi-level room in what appeared to be the traditional side of the hotel. It felt like an apartment.
- Very helpful and friendly staff.
- Great location on metro stop, tram stop, near grocery store and more local feel (except for the McDonalds). One metro stop from Keleti train station, a few short tram stops from Nyugati train station and on the same metro line as Deli train station.
- You are only a few minutes from downtown by metro, but still away from the heavy tourist zone.
- We loved jumping on and off the ring tram which stops in front of the hotel every few minutes. You are only minutes from Andrassy Ave. and many great restaurants.
- There was reliable plug-in internet in the room and wi-fi in the lobby.
- Crashed the New Years Eve party after midnight so we could dance and hang with fun Hungarians.

Lastly, definitely think about buying a one or three day transportation pass. The Courtyard is at the intersection of the metro into the city and the outer ring tram around the city. Both metro trains and trams run very often. You can fly around Budapest by transport and you will still do plenty of nice walks.

TIP: Take Bus #16 up to Castle Hill from Deak Ferenc or walk across the Chain Bridge and catch it at the Western base of the bridge. The funicular is an overpriced dud and there can be lines.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to a bi-level room, it feels like a studio apartment.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear MarcoPolo62,

Thank you for writing such a nice feedback on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

It is always great to read when the expectations of our guests are met. Thank you for your comments on your excellent room experience, the favourable location and reliable Internet service.

We hope to have the possibility to accommodate you soon again in our hotel.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed three days between Christmas and New Years and got a fine room at a very reasonable price. The location is right on the main tram line and the metro is a block away. Also, you are far enough from the Duna to get more reasonable prices at restaurants. We did not have the breakfast included since the price was outrages even for a hotel. Overall, the rooms were clean and comfortable with a very modern and updated bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Stephen RW W,

Thank you for your review on the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.

I am happy to read that you like our location with easy access for all modes of public transportation. Thank you for your comments that you have found our rooms and bathrooms clean and comfortable.

When arriving next time to Budapest, I would recommend to book our breakfast inclusive rates, available on weekends where you may enjoy our breakfast buffet with wide a selection of hot and cold items, available till 11AM.

We look further to accommodate you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,