Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,197 results
All reviewsnice hotelfree wifihomeless peoplenew york cafemetro stationrestaurant staffpublic transportationthe riverbuffet breakfastbusiness tripcentral locationbudapest cityroom was spaciousjewish quarterthree nightson footmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Firstly, this is one hotel in Budapest which will gives you price exclusive of VAT. All other hotels provide your VAT inclusive price. So when you are about to pay, you are surprised to shell out additional 20%.
During my stay, the internet at the entire floor wasn't working which wasn't informed to me during check-in and despite that I was given the room at that floor. A change of room was refused. I highlighted this in the feedback, but didn't get a positive response. Room is ok, but for this price you can get much better options to stay in Budapest.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Umang G
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear UmangGarg,

Thank you for writing a review. I am delighted to read that your were satisfied with the hotel room.

Thank you for your comment on our Internet service. Whether staying for business or leisure easy Internet access is a top priority for our travelers. For this reason we have upgraded our Internet connection in the past months, moreover Wi-Fi access will be available very soon in all hotel rooms. Please accept my apologies that you were not informed on the Internet outage during your stay and we could not provide you with an other room.

VAT and city tax are excluded from the room rates on our reservation channels. In order to inform our guests about all room charges exact tax amounts are always shown when making your reservation and in our confirmations as well.

We hope we will have the possibility to accomodate you again while staying in Budapest next time.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

4 star hotel with wide rooms with large bathroom at saturday in the brekfast buffet it was very very crowded we took our breakfast in the lubby too much noises no much varities food it still so crwded saturday and sunday maybe because a lot of people from nearby cities spending their vacation in budapest otherdays its ok but still no much food varities . there is a bus station near the hotel take onlly 3 stations to downtown and to the danube river where you can take a boat trip ( hop on hop off ) near the hotel there is a store for mineral water and foodstuf also there is a pharmacy . rather than breakfast food the hotel is nice .

Room Tip: there are rooms on the main street other on the side , my room was on the side with no much noises .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center. I am pleased to read that you have found the location of the hotel convenient. A hop on - hop off boat trip on the Danube is always a very good choice to explore Budapest

Thank you for your comment on your breakfast experience. On weekends usually we have more groups staying at the hotel, therefore, our restaurant can get more busy. Thank you for pointing out the variety of food during breakfast. I will discuss the necessary improvements with our food and beverage team.

When staying next time in Budapest, we hope we will have the possiblity to accommodate you again in our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here from 29/12/12 to 8/1/13
The room was fine only a very large shower no bath
We had use of a sauna and steam and gym
The rooms had fridges there is a Soar store near by to get cheap water fizzy drink etc
The hotel is near to under ground links and good transport to get around the centre
A very cheap little bar next door we got a large beer and coke for under two pounds .It cost 15 quid for a weeks travel. Breakfast good with a selection of teas and really good pain au chocolate and pastries fruit juices and fresh bread, eggs bacon and sausage.I would stay here again . I love Budapest so many different things to see we even went to the pictures and saw English films much cheaper than at home. If going in winter the outdoor baths are great a bit of a shock to system when you get out in minus tempatures but a wonderful experience , ice staking a good laugh to .Enjoy it plenty to do and see and a comfortable base when you get back .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Catherine K,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you would stay again with us. We have more rooms available with bath, therefore we are happy to provide it to you next time.
Thank you for your positive feedback on our breakfast selection and on the location of the hotel.

Budapest is a beautiful and vibrant city indeed. Once staying next time in our capital, let me also recommend you to visit our countryside as well where you can make one-day trips to e.g. Lake Balaton, the city of Szentendre or to the medieval Castle of Visegrád.

We look forward to accommodate you again in our Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center hotel.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel received a lot of excellent reviews, but I was not satisfies.

Bad things:
* noisy heater ventillator (cannot be controlled, checked with the front desk) ruined sleeping,
* prices of rooms are lot steeper when paying at the counter, instead of internet reservation, be sure to book online, even if it's last minute, it can save $.
* bad value, after shelling out 18000 HUF for a single bed room, I still needed to pay extra for wifi internet.

Good things:
* clean and welcoming hotel with lot of extra amenities,
* friendly service

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank davidedelceg

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you have found our hotel clean and welcoming with a lot of amenities and with friendly service.

Thank you for your comment on the heater ventillator. I will follow up with our Maintenance team in this respect.

In accordance with Marriott’s Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee you may book a Marriott room using any Marriott reservation channel (Marriott.com, Marriott Hotel Telephone Reservations, or directly at a hotel). If within 24 hours of making your reservation, you find a lower hotel rate for the same hotel, room type and reservation dates, and submit a qualified claim form, we’ll match the rate + give you an extra 25% discount on the room.

I am sorry that you could not take advantage of the free Wi-Fi Internet access during your stay, which we are offering in our entire Lobby area. I will make sure our Front Desk team inform all guests on this complimentary service.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will have the possibility to accommodate you while staying next time in Budapest.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Marriott Courtyard in Budapest city - it is not bad hotel, large spacious rooms, good location, typical 4 star (higher class) hotel. Previously I have rated this hotel very positively but not this time. I address my note to the General Manager Marriott Courtyard Budpaest City.

Dear Sirs,

I clearly see that my presence in your hotel (all Courtyards) bothers you very very much and I will do my best never come again to bother you in ANY Marriott Courtyards. If in 4* Marriott I cannot drink a glass of water in my room inthe middle of the night it means I am a problem for you. If there is NO water in the rooms and there is NO MINIBAR in the rooms means I bother you. Looks like it is too dificult to manage mini bars in the rooms. I do NOT want to dress up in middle night to get just a bottle of water.and you should warn all guests before booking. If I want room withoiut drinks in it - I chose 1* hotel and do not pay ca 100 E/night

With all my respect , the rating is only 1

Maciej Zembowicz

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Maciej Z
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Mr Maciej Zembowicz,

Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center while staying in Budapest and for writing a review. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your previous stay with us and regret to read your recent comment.

Courtyard Hotels are so-called select-service properties within the brands of Marriott. One of the brand specials is our grab 'n' go shop, 'The Market', open 24 hrs a day, offering a wide selection of food and beverage items. We do have a small, not filled-up minibar in our Deluxe rooms, where any food or beverage item bought can be stored. For a supplement of EUR 25, we would like to offer you our Business Room type where - among other extra services - complimentary drink and food consumption is provided from the minibar, refilled on a daily basis.

Mr. Zembowicz, we hope the above explanation is acceptable for you and we will have the possibility to accomodate you when arriving next time to Budapest.