“Good value for money - Great Hotel”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #40 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Munich, Germany
“Good value for money - Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Nice location, a bit small rooms but very modern and stylish. They also have a good breakfast buffet. Staff was very friendly and provided great service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Globetrotter_AW
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
Dear Globetrotter_AW,
Many thanks for your short and solid and in general very positive review, what I very much appreciate. I was happy to read how you liked our breakfast and how satisfied you were with the staff and with the service. Special thanks for recommending Continental Hotel Zara. Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Bed was really comfortable. And all the finishes in the bathroom are high end. Design of the rooms is also nice in neutral colors. Breakfast was great! Hotel Zara opened just 10 days before we arrived, but in our opinion wasn't ready to be opened. Everything was in kind of a need of extra cleaning, construction dust all around the room, tiles and floors dusty in the bathroom. They had on going construction on the roof. Swimming pool/spa was not finished, so we didn't have chance to try it. And it didn't seem close to be finished!!! Great disappointment, since it was advertised on booking.com with these amenities, and they were the main reason we went for it. This was in July 2010, so check with the hotel if they have these amenities. Standard room is way too small, you can hardly walk around the bed. And there was a weird smell coming from bathroom and/or AC.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ikuropka
Dear ikuropka,
Many thanks for your review from July. You are right, unfortunately the Spa area was not completed by the opening of the hotel by mid-June and despite our efforts we could not hide some of the finishing works from our guests. Hereby I deeply apologize for it. The delay was however corrected, and after one month of the opening we could open the Spa and the open-air roof pool in autumn. I was sad reading that you found the room too small, although we have four different kinds of rooms as per sizes. Many thanks for recommending our hotel and best regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I and my two cousins stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Europe in July 2010. The service of the staff was truly exceptional. I have never experiencd such friendly and helpful staff in any other hotel I have stayed at around the world. The staff were always very helpful, even offering us an umbrella one day when it was raining when we were leaving to go shopping. The staff were also very helpful and AMAZING in recommending restaurants for us to eat, places to shop, tourist tours to do. The hotel itself is also amazing. The buffet breakfast is AWESOME! The rooms are beautiful, modern and spacious. The hotel is in a great location, only a short cab ride to the buda area. I truly would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would definatley stay at this hotel again on my travels to Hungary and my cousin, being a travel consultant will also recommend this hotel to any clients.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank dani84072
Dear dani84072,
Many thanks for your professional review. I really appreciate it since you are an experienced traveller having chances to compare hotels and their service levels. Some of your markers sounds may be too exaggerated, but I know that they are coming from your heart what I am very greatful. Special thanks for recommending our hotels to your friends. Best regards,
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We've been lucky enough to visit Budapest on five occasions and this hotel is definitely the best place we've stayed in in the city. The customer service was excellent (particular note to the guy who took our bags up to our room and the lady at the front desk who helped with our booking - they were so friendly and helpful). The hotel has been restored beautifully whilst providing a very modern and luxurious service. Spa and gym were fab, rooms super clean and comfortable. We will definitely be staying here again when we next return to this amazing city.

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Doh100
Dear Doh100,
I was very happy to read that you have found Continental Hotel Zara the best hotel in Budapest after your fifth visit here. We need such feedbacks like your review to further motivate our staff driving for excellence. When returning to Budapest please contact me in person to get acquainted with you. Best regards,
UK
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We have just arrived back in the UK after a fantastic 5 days in the beautiful city of Budapest. All of my group were extremely impressed with the Hotel and Staff and that is down to the likes of yourself and others managers who have trained the staff so professionally. We found that all the staff in the reception area were very friendly and offered excellent customer service when asked a question; nothing was too much for them. Your restaurant and café staff were also very obliging to our needs and we fully enjoyed relaxing in the Café Bar having a beer and in the restaurant having a meal and more beers. Breakfast was excellent and value for money.
The Rooms were as expected and were cleaned to a very high standards. We will be certainly recommending your Hotel to all our friends who wish to travel to Budapest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ben1955
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, December 16, 2010
Dear Ben1955,
It's a pity that we did not meet personally and had no possibility to thank personally for this excellent review. We always need such nice feedbacks in order to confirm the aim of our works: always exceeding our guests' expectations. Wish we could have the chance in hte near future welcoming you again to our Continental Hotel Zara!
If I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me. Kindest regards.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I spent 2 nights at this hotel while traveling with friends in Budapest. We got a wonderful room for an excellent price and had a fantastic stay. The hotel is beautiful and architecturally interesting. The hotel has great facilities, such as a new gym, indoor pool, saunas, and jacuzzi. I had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both meals were delicious. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful! I would definitely stay at the Continental Zara again and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Budapest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank michaellas
Dear Michaellas,
I was very happy reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased, since you were satisfied with the service provided by our staff. Design and architecture are key elements in a success of a hotel, but people - the staff - make the difference! Thank you for your recommendation too!
Best regards,
Poznań
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I've just back from business trip in Budapest and I'm amazed by this hotel. Nowelly decorated with taste and focus on smalest details. Rooms are cozy and design. Very nice Swimming pool on the roof top and fitnes area. What is most important it it located on the walking distance from Danube and other attractions. I'm quite often in Budapest so it will be definetely my favorite place to stay - of course if they will keep quality on the same level!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gangstaa
Dear Gangsta,
Thank you for all of your compliments on the rooms and on the service. I did not see the full satisfaction in scoring the rooms and the sleeping quality! I hope I will have the possibility to discuss these two topics personally during your next visit to Budapest. You promised to return, and I promise to keep the quality!
Looking forward to welcoming you again to our Continental Hotel Zara!