“Beautiful Hotel in great location”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #39 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Beautiful Hotel in great location”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at the Continental Hotel Zara for a weekend in August with a friends for a girly weekend away and absolutely loved it. We can't fault the hotel itself at all. The staff were incredibly helpful, they can't do enough for you. The hotel is décor is stunning throughout and all (including rooms) is impeccably kept. The hotel is quite central and in walking distance to some nice cafes and shops. If you have an unlimited budget, you probably could afford one of the five star hotels on the river but that's more a general tourist comment. We were very impressed and would visit again :-).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Samantha B
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Samantha B,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I’m very happy to read your commendatory comments about the staff and the location. As I understand, we made our mission! Send also your boys to us!

KIndest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Perfect!! everything up to stranded! parking is not so easy but as everything else was perfect i can complain! enjoyed throughout. Very near to the old Jewish part of Budapest. plenty of good food nearby a very relaxing break.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srob6
Dear srob6,
I’m very happy that your break was relaxing. To be honest, it is good to be „perfect”! I hope, you will return soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The Zara is located in the Jewish District. It's a little bit out of the way but its very close to metro station (Blaha Lujza ter) which makes it very easy to get around the city.

The entryway was very cool and the check in was quite fast. The rooms had everything we needed and the decor was nice. The mini-fridge did not work but that seemed to be a running theme in most of the hotels that we stayed at. We also had a little bit of trouble trying to make a collect call back to Canada and unfortunately and the staff at the front desk were unable to help with this. There was wi-fi in all of the rooms which was immensely helpful in helping us plan our days.

The Zara was a great place to stay and my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren M,
Thank you very much for your review, both your positive and negative comments. I do apologise for the mini bar and also for the collect call issue. The Front Office Manager has taken the neccesary steps to make sure that similar incidents will not be repeated in the future. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you here again.

ireland
Reviewed August 24, 2014

In a nice area, about 10 minutes walk from the train station. Lovely building, room was nice, good food in the morning and not too expensive. I didn't try the rooftop facilities that much but they alot to offer up there. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear me550,
Thank you very much for your recommendation, although I’m a little lovelorn because of your rating. I hope you will give us a chance in the future to serve you on the highest level.

Morden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in August and were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were always friendly and professional. The concierge was very helpful, and was happy to make phone calls to see which concerts were on at various venues. Our room was spacious with a modern, luxurious style, enormous bed and wetroom- style bathroom. Very good attention to detail e.g. really nice lighting, and there was even a pillow menu if you would prefer a different pillow! The breakfast buffet had a lot of choice, though not always the quality we felt (but absolutely amazing for the price, so still, I would recommend it!) If you're wondering whether to pay the extra 8 Euros for the rooftop spa then definitely go- it's a real highlight. The location in the Jewish quarter is quiet but very convenient to walk into town. Thank you to all the staff for helping to make this a magical stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are nice and quiet.
3 Thank Hannah M
Dear Hannah M,
I’m very happy that your stay was „magical”! I was so good to read, that you were so much satisfied with our staff. I know, the staff is one of our strengths. I also like your comments about the room. I hope you will choose us again if your travel will bring you back to Budapest!

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Better late than never!!! we stayed at this hotel early August, it was a gift from our daughter for both my husband and my birthday, we arrived late at night and found that reception was ready and waiting for us, the staff were friendly helpful and so welcoming, we had a bottle of bubbly waiting for us....what can I say. Our room was quiet, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The next morning after arriving late the previous night (plus the bubbly) we were late for breakfast, (some hotels we have stayed at frown at this, some are rude) the staff were lovely and there was no problem at all, breakfast is great, all anyone needs, good coffee, fresh pastries and lots of cooked food. The hotel is central within walking distance to the main areas, we got a hop on hop of bus, great... two days travel, two cruises on the Danube plus many extras for about £15 a piece. Would I recommend this hotel YES did I like Budapest YES it was just the perfect break.

2 Thank Joan W
Dear Joan W,
I’ very happy that you city break was „perfect”! We are here to make all of our guests satisfied. It was good to read that your visit to Budapest was so colourful! Thank you for your stay, and also thank you for your recommendation!

Kindest regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is in a great location in the Jewish part of town within walking distance of the metro and major attractions such as the Chain Bridge. It also a stone's throw from the 'ruin' bars. The room was spacious and quiet (we were on the 6th floor) although the view wasn't great. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot. The only niggle about the room was the square toilet seats which were a bit uncomfortable! The breakfast was fantastic and had lots of choice. The receptionists were very helpful. Nice reception area.

Room Tip: High up as they are quieter.
Dear Gerschwin087,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I was very happy to read that you were satisfied with the service provided by our Reception team. On the other side I’m very sorry that you found our „design” toilet seat a bit uncomfortable. I wish to inform you, our very new hotel in Budapest is under development, so we will use you comment for sure!