Continental Hotel Budapest
$230
$177
  • Pool
4,625 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centredeluxe roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakthe riverspa facilitiesbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Generally we were really pleased with this hotel, staff were mostly very friendly. We didn't have any issues with air conditioning as a few people have mentioned here. The hotel is very impressive inside and out. We got a good deal for the price we paid. The hotel is about 15-20 minute walk from the Danube and surrounded by quite a lot of 'young' bars! The only thing I was disappointed with is that I booked this hotel because it had a pool, we hadn't booked a spa package but nowhere on the website did it state that you could only use the pool if you hadn't purchased the package. When we tried to use the pool (which is the size of a postage stamp) we were told it would cost 8 euros each! so we didn't bother! Do watch out for this. I didn't have the breakfast either because that would have been an additional 15 euros! There is a lovely bakery up the road (left out of the hotel) where you can buy massive danishes for about 80p!

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the front of the hotel because the streets around are quite noisy at night!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelScrabble
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear TravelScrabble,

Firstly thank you very much for your feedback, although it contains a few „low blows”. Firstly we are not a Spa or wellness hotel, we are „just” a typical city hotel with some „cultural heritage” of the former art nouveau Hungaria Spa from the early 20th century. You are right, our pools are not big, but we didn’t nominated them for the European Championship for water polo wich starts next week in Budapest. But both of our pools - inside and outside - are big enough to take a rest after a long sighseeing tour, and this was our goal when we have decided to open them in 2010. On the other side you don’t have to book a package to use them. I really don’t want to weary you with details, but some of the travel agents has a special sales strategy, they willfully leave some of our basic service from theie price to sell our hotel easier. This woudn’t be a big problem, but they don’t inform clients properly, it comes up only at the check-in, wich is far too late. Otherwise it is clearly explained on our website what rates include the entry to the unique roof top wellness area. The breakfast has the same problem, but to start your day with a good and abundant breakfast this is the only way to have a successful day, especially if you are far from your home. I hope you see us with different eyes already, and if you can, please find us directly if you plan to return to Budapest. I promise, you won’t be lovelorn with the price we will give you. Thank you again for your stay and we look forward welcoming you again at our hotel.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

After looking at numerous websites we decided on this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor. Most of which hit the nail on the head. Initially you don't feel it's such a great location however after getting out and about you soon realise it's perfect. Everywhere is scattered anyway so nowhere is any closer to everything. On arrival we had been upgraded to a deluxe room. The hotel itself looks lovely and the walkways to the hotel rooms are clean and modern. Rooms are average and pretty tight. Although were ok for the type of trip we had planned. I was pretty disappointed with service from staff particularly reception after having such great service and being upgraded on arrival. Restaurant staff who took your room number were always friendly but as for other staff around the hotel (with the exception of the lowest paid-the housekeeping team) it was really disappointing. There was communication issues with the majority of interactions-I am well travelled and do try and educate myself on the language basics prior to visiting countries. However you expect that reception staff could understand what you say. On departure we asked for late check out and the receptionist with the dark curly hair was lovely-it's a shame I hadn't seen her all week. The spa and outdoor pools were nice and modern and it was nice to have the option to chill and have a swim etc after a day out and about in the sun. It was disappointing that they rarely had towels big enough to dry your face never mind your body. Especially seeing as it was never overly busy. Overall it was a nice break and if you are not too bothered about interaction with hotel staff then it's a great find. Good price rooms and breakfast is amazing :)

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank kerryyoung1
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear kerryyoung1,

Thank you very much for your long and all-in review. I was so much lovelorn after reading your comment about the staff since the service is one of our strengths. I really don’t know what’s happened with my staff, I do apologise for that. The receptionist with long curly hair is Eszter, she is really nice and laudable. I hope you will give us an other chance to serve you again in the future if your travel will bring you back to us.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is centrally located. From there it was a short walk, taxi, bus or tram ride to most places in Budapest city centre. The standard room we were in was more than adequate for our needs. The roof top terrace & pool was beautiful. The staff was the hotel's greatest asset. All made every effort to make our stay pleasurable. A 12 noon check out was much appreciated. Breakfast was ample, the bonus being it was open till 10.30am! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Aussies064,

It was good to read that you have so much enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the location, about the staff and the breakfast. I hope you will return to us if your possible future visit will bring you back to Europe and to Budapest.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel is very nice inside and has a beautiful rooftop terrace. It is just outside the heart of the beautiful part of Budapest, maybe one or two blocks away. The room temperature was a little warm but other than that I had absolutely no complaints. The breakfast was very nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear mallorybandy,

Thank you very much for your review, both of your positive and negativ comments. I’m very sorry about the temperature in your room. I definitely know You Amercinas like the room as cold as possible. In Europe we don’t cool rooms so much, I do apologise for that.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is very well placed for central Budapest with very nice rooms and helpful staff.it has a traditional facade but is very modern inside with spacious rooms and good breakfast.
Dinner was very good indeed with exceptional service.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear 51Gordon,

Thank you very much for your commendatory feedback, although I’m a little lovelorn because of your rating. I hope at your possible future visit you will give us a chance to serve you on the top level