Continental Hotel Budapest
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
4,629 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centredeluxe roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakthe riverspa facilitiesbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2014

On our GLOBUS tour around the imperial cities, we spent 2 nights at this beautifully decorated hotel,do not miss the copper door! The staff is friendly and the rooms are roomy and well equipped however the pillows and mattresses are hard.The breakfast is very good and well organized even when catering for many guests There is a great restaurant Araz which is worth a visit too.This hotel is located near the New York Cafe.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia V
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Patricia V,

I’m very happy that you have so much enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your nice comment about the staff, about our guest rooms and about the ARAZ Restaurant. Since the old wing of our hotel is a national monument, we have paid extraordinary attention to keep the original shape as much as possible. The hundred years old copper door is really one of our „family pride”, by the dozen of pictures are made daily of it.

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I booked a standard double room two days before my planned trip. Not sure about the original price of 400 Euros/night, but I bought mine for 84 Euros. The stay was value for this money, the room was very stylish and comfortable. However I would not pay for this room 400 EUR a night! My only concern is the staff...I did not feel myself welcome at the reception desk, not a single smile. I would expect a little bit more warm attitude from the staff. There were two bottle of spring water in the room with a note, 900 HUF/each if you drink... Ridiculous...Other 4star hotels for this price offer a bottle of champagne in the room free... Can not image how this hotel can not provide at least a bottle of water free that would not cost more than 0.5 Euros...This makes me feel the hotel "cheap" and not "luxury". Apart from this, everything was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoltan N
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have just come back from a 4 night city break to this hotel and was very pleased with our choice. The location at first can seem like it's in a bit of an odd area but actually the location is great, you can walk to most things on the Pest side in 15 minutes and it's well connected by metro, bus and tram for the Buda side. Plus it's a funky area where there are lots of interesting bars, art galleries and restaurants set up in beautiful old buildings. The rooms are very nice and when we found ours on the front a little noisy as I am a light sleeper, Ester the lovely receptionist, changed us to a very quite room at the back. They also gave me a basket of fruit and a card as for my birthday which was a nice suprise.
The Art deco look of the hotel is nice as is having a roof top indoor and outdoor pool although small if you are a serious swimmer.
The only thing my husband didn't like is that there was no fresh coffee in the mornings, it's an urn or machine but I don't drink coffee!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sazamataz,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m very happy that you found the outskirts of the hotel funky. Also thank you for your nice comment about Eszter, she is really one of our best team member. Regarding fresh coffee at breakfast I would like to inform you, our staff at the restaurant are more than happy to serve you with it as we inform our valuable guests on each of our coffee machines. I’m very sorry if this information escaped your husbands observation.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

An excellent stay at zara Budapest. special mention to adam weis for posting trousers and shirt I left in wardrobe . Also Reka on reception and to Neejat the greeter in the buffet breakfast who has the nicest smile in Budapest and a lovely person in the right position in the hotel. Thanks to all at Zara Budapest. Lesley and John

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear FrankandBoss,

Thank you very very much for your commendatory review. I’m more that happy that you were so satisfied with the service provided by Ádám, Réka and Najat. I will personally congratulate for them.

We look forward welcoming you at our hotel again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A really nice hotel build in an old railway station (I was told). Front desk really serviceminded. Nice rooms - even a little bit small. No noise at all from either the street or inside the hotel. I can fully agree on what has already been said about this hotel - the only negative thing:

Why on earth having a fully equipped gym and not giving access in the morning (specially to people on business trips)? I can understand the opening hours for wellness and spa facilities - but i cannot understand how come the gym/fitness opens in the middle of the day at 9 AM?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Totoreal,

Thank you for your feedback, although I don’t understand, how come we got only three points even you gave us only fours and fives? It is very strange. What the opening hours of our fitness room are concerned, since there is no door between the two-level fitness and wellness are we have to keep the fitness room close when the pool area is closed due to health safety reasons. I hope you understand this.

Thanks and regards,