“Very friendly and welcoming”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #41 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We very much liked the hotel. The staff was very friendly. Rooms were not too big, but complete. It was quiet but well situated. Breakfast abundant and fresh. We had a wonderful massage and enjoyed the swimmingpool and sauna facilities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Karin A,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m always happy if our guest has enough time to try from our services as much as possible. Good to read, that you have enjoyed your massage and the swimming pool! As I can see at your profile, you are local, so you should try at least once our daily menu and our Sunday brunch as well!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed with friends December 2013. Unassuming hotel from the front but once you get through the lovely revolving door there is a warm friendly reception with very helpful staff. The lobby had huge Christmas tree and was decked out in lights which was very festive. The room was lovely. We were in one that overlooked the pretty little courtyard, so it was quiet with a nice view. Good size comfortable bed, lovely hot shower, good sized room. Breakfast was really good. Plenty of choice and plenty of seating.
The bar area was small and pretty. Expensive when compared to outside prices but still not too bad. Again, helpful and friendly staff.
This hotel was in the Jewish quarter and had bars within walking distance. It was about a 20 minute walk to the main square in Budapest and about a further 15 to 20 minute walk to the castle and parliament building.
Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear joanna P,

Firstly thank you for your high scores. As I have read your review, your five points are really honest. Good to read, that you have so much enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the hotel lobby and about the staff. Also thank you for your recommendation. We look forward welcoming you again!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my first visit to Budapest and we stayed here for 4 nights in December. Great hotel and friendly helpful staff. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Given the low price we paid I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the accommodation. The hotel is in a good location with the Jewish quarter just minutes away and St Stephen's Basilica and the Danube a short walk. The tube station is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. I'd definitely recommend the Continental if you want a reasonably-priced quality place to stay close to all the main sights.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited the hotel with my daughter just before New Years. We were delighted with the hotel. Not only is the situation superb: not too touristic, but very comfortable walking distance to a lot of venues, next to Jewish neighborhood, also very nice restaurants, bars, etc in the streets around. The hotel itself has a high comfort level: we received bath robes, slippers, choice of 5 pillows,... Room is not extremely big, but well equipped and tasteful. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was rich and tasty. Staff working extremely hard to satisfy everyone's wishes. The wellness center is great: pool, sauna, jacuzzi, fitness. We only missed the room to relax on some stretchers, but then again it's winter time... the massage we booked at the wellness center was extremely nice as well. A lot more conveniënt than at one of the bath houses. Budapest was an eye opener: such a beautiful city and such friendly people! Go there!

Room Tip: We were at the sixth floor and there was no noise at all.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at Zara with my boyfriend for one night back in July. We chose this hotel as the location is very good and as it was my boyfriend's first visit to Hungary, I wanted to treat him with something special while we stayed in Budapest.
The staff was friendly, even though we turned up in ripped jeans and leather jacket, etc. which doesn't really suits the hotel image. On the second day after we checked out we went to the bar to have something before heading to the Zoo. The waitress remembered from the day before what I ordered and kindly offered it again as she remember I really liked it. It was a really nice touch, however she might remembered me as it looked like I was the only hungarian guest. We didn't try the restaurant, butthe prices in the bar were reasonable, however the mini bar in the room was expensive.

We really liked the open air atrium and the whole interior of the hotel

The price for the room was quiet cheap compare to other hotels in the city centre as I got a good deal with one of the FIT's, but it worth more than I have paid for and will return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Edi86,

I think, we made our misson, if you still remember for our hotel after such a long time! Thank you, „köszönöm szépen” for your commendatory words about the staff at the bar. Just to update you ragarding Zoo, steenbok Nina and Kya has a baby. And father Kya came to Budapest also from Edinburgh!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Continental Hotel Zara is a great hotel. Roomy, comfortable, and first rate accommodation and service for family. Central location but away from super touristy locations. It's central to the river, downtown, and next to Jewish quarter where you find great restaurants. Breakfast offers wide selections (some of the best we had in Europe), indoor and garden seating. Will return here when we come back to Budapest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear xish,

Firstly thank you for your high scores. Also thank you for the title of your review, as a General Manager I couldn’t wish more. I hope your parachute will fly back with you from New York to Budapest in the close future!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are modern and clean. The beds are big, however, with a double bed you get two really tiny duvets. The towels are very old and in desperate need of replacement. The breakfast is ok, nothing memorable. The staff is very helpful and friendly which makes a big difference. About 20 min walk to the city center.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear sempre¬¬_gelato,

I’m very happy that you like our lobby very much. As you wrote, it is really impessive, since it is the art nouveau heritage of the former Hungaria Spa. You believe or not, I do admire it every day. I hope, although you have some criticism as well, you will return to us if your travel brings you back to Budapest.

Best regards,