“Excellent”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #41 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a very pleasant 3 day break here. Lovely room made all the nicer with the free upgrade. Comfy bed, divine bathroom plus tea and coffe facilities.what more could we want?
As said on previous reviews, the location is perfect for all sight seeing.
We had no problem with thin walls so i dont think you should worry too much about that.
Big plus was we dined in the retaurant one night and were delighted with both the knowledgable service and the high standard of food.Delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliawhite
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very greatful for your review as you have highlighted some areas other guests were not mentioning, like the soundproof walls, the delux room size and the tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
I am also very proud to read how much you liked the food and the service in our Araz Restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a very good option for Budapest. It is located closed to the Synagoge and walking distance to the city centre. It's perfect for visiting the city and the value for money is extremely good. The hotel is a renevated 18-19th century builiding that was previously a SPA and the hotel still offer SPA treatments on their top floor. Perfect for a couple retreat or for a group of friends visiting Budapest. I have been visiting Budapest many times in the last 2 years and this part of the City is one of my favourite because of the surrounding bars and restaurants. Going back to the hotel... you get wifi included in the rate which is definitely good. Room was small (it reminds me of the London's ones) but clean. The only negative comment about the room is that it was boiling and you can not regulate the temperature in your room... BAD! :) you can still open the windows thou... and that is what we did! Apart for this... very nice indeed!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

it is good to read that you like the vibrant and bohem surroundings of the hotel. I do apologize for the unexpected temperature in oyur room. Since we are heating until 15t April usually it is very stange what heat we had to experience in the first part of March. Despite closing the heating in some rooms the temperature was still hot, but one cannot change heating and cooling day by day unfortunately. The windows one can however open partly.

I am happy to read that you thought the hotel is nice.

Many thanks for your review and best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was very modern and comfortable. Located on Dohany it's in a great position, loads or bars and restaurants close by, main shopping area just 5 minutes or so walk away and the Danube, Basillica and other sights within 20 minutes or so walking distance. Buffet breakfast in the morning was good and set you up for a long day out. If I had one criticism it's that the hotel was very hot and I couldn't work out how to turn the room temperatue down but that's the only thing I could call. A nice thing about the rooms that looked out into the court yards, as ours did, was that walls were painted with street scenes so it looked like you actually had a view and not just a bare wall. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelM3131
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read the high scores you gave us. I hope your stay was pleasant despite of the hot temperature in the room. In the first part of March we have experienced unusual heat in Budapest. Normally we heat until 15th April. It is technically very difficult to switch from heating to cooling from one day to an other. Today (21st March) for example the outside temerature is 5 C.
I was especially happy to learn how much you liked the mural in our inner courtyard. It took us more than 2 years to find out what to do with that ugly wall and to execute the mural.

Many thanks for your kind recommendation and best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotell has a very good design and very helpful staff. I however got a rash from the bedlinnens and the room was very warm even that it was cold outside and we had the ac on max. It was however to hot in the room and the beds are terrible much to hard. If the beds wouldnt have been so bad and the room wasnt so hot it would hade got a 4+ rating from us.

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you got a rash from the bedlinen which sounds me very strange and never had any similar feedback. The unexpected hot temperature in early March was a great surprise for everybody in Budapest since even today (19th March) we are freezing. Normally we heat until 15th April and it is impossible to switch from heating to cooling day by day. I was happy to read that you could minimize the discomfort by opening the window. I apologize for any inconvenineces caused.
What the hardness of the matress is concerned most of the complaints are usually for the softness rather. This is why I am a little bit puzzled what to reply to this remark.
Unfortunately I could not see the 4+ rating on the end as the final scores were 3 only.
I sincerely hope you will once return to us and will experience the perfection in the service we are striving for.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel Zara on our honeymoon and really could not of asked for more.
The people were ALL incredible. Helpful, knowledgeable, approachable everything you could want. Great location, nice quite street, minutes walk from the center. surprisingly a lot to do in the area, a lot of history too. recommend doing the "tourist thing" and seeing as much as possible!
Also, about 2/3 'Full' days is perfect.

The hotel itself is flawless. The best I've ever stayed in, as simple as that. every aspect of it was perfect.

A personal thank you to all the staff, who all made this a truly memorable stay, Thank you Hotel Zara!!! :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marko L

Dear Guest,

your kind praising words make me and my staff so proud. Your review is a very good feedback for us too and I hope your heartful review higlighting the staff is a good tool in the hands of our future potential guests when selecting a hotel in Budapest.

I feel honored to be contributed to the success of your memorable honeymoon stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice hotel,location is very good case u are placed in the middle of city,all the sightseeing are close by.Standard room was more than enough,nice beds,tv,sound proof,beautiful bathroom and also a good swimming pool on rooftop to relax after a long day.Place is new and really clean,spend there five days and even get a small jar of marmelade as a christmas gift.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gojk

Dear Guest,

Christmas is already far away when we surprised our guest with a small jar of marmalade. It is good to read that you still remeber well all the small details like the nice beds or the soundproof walls. Yes, you are right the neighborhood is rather an advantage nowadays with plenty of bohem bars and pubs.

Many thanks for your review and best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Continental for 2 nights in January 2013 and although the hotel was very comfortable, we had a room facing the atrium and found it a little noisy at breakfast time. The location of the hotel is ideal, with the majority of sights within close proximity. We ate at the hotel, Araz restaurant and the price of a 3 course meal with drinks was extremely reasonable with great food on offer. If we were to go back to Budapest we would certainly consider staying here again. The shower in our room was amazing!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beclis

Dear Guest,

I am very greatful for your review picking up some of our strength like the amazing shower in the bathroom. I was sorry to hear that you experienced some noise from the ((kitchen?) or from the terrace of the breakfast room (?). The terrace is not open in winter some heavy smokers use it in the cold. For the noise I apologize a lot.

Many thanks for oyur feedback and best regards,