“Friendly and helpful staff in a quiet and comfortable hotel”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #39 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Ireland
“Friendly and helpful staff in a quiet and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Situated 500m from the metro red line this comfortable, clean and welcoming hotel helped make our visit to budapest enjoyable.

Front desk were informative and helpful at booking tours/taxis

On one wet day we were able to borrow an umbrella. It's the little things at times.

Bar upstairs is a gem and you can hear piano music nightly .

Rooms are small but quiet and comfortable.

Leisure facilities are nice but I think the pool should be completely free for guests.

Breakfast is 15 euro per person and I would not recommend it. Nice cafe up the street if you turn left.

Would certainly stay again if the price was competitive

1 Thank royalgirl5
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your words. If the rates are extremely low to the service and product we offer we have to consider certain services taking out from the room price. It happens if the rate is too low, but we strive for a good value for money ratio. We offer rates with and without breakast and leave the decision for the guests. There are some tour agencies where we are obliged to take out the wellness entry fee due to the price. I hope I was clear enough in the explanation.

I hope you will have the possibility to sdtay with us again.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hull
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent two wonderful nights here over valentines and loved every minute. The hotel lobby is amazing and the service, rooms, spa, food and ambience was second to none. We had a great meal in the araz restaurant that was priced very well too. The location is a little out of the way but nothing to worry about. TIP, use the underground (metro) as it is very easy to master and means no stupidly priced hop on hop off buses. There is a metro station withheld 2 mins of the hotel. The view from the top of the hotel is awesome at night. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Budapest in the future.

1 Thank Tigerfan76
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

it is so nice and gratify to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially happy to read your complimenting words on our ARAZ Restaurant.

Many thanks for promising to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest only if you come to Budapest.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great hotel for a weekend stay.
We spent 2 nights at Zara. The staff were friendly and attentive. The room was very clean and nice (not too big, though), the bathroom had a nice shower!
There is a spa and pool on the top floor and a massage service which we did not use as it was winter and we were there for a short period of time.
The breakfast had a great variety of food and stayed open until quite late, which was perfect for us on a holiday not having to wake up too early.
It is in a very good location, a short walk to the city centre and main tourist points. As well as close to night out bars and clubs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pipoquinha
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback. It is always important for us what areas are the most welcome by our guests. I think too, that the bohemian neighbourhood with a lot of bars is rather an advantage for us.

I thank you for the high scores and best regards,
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Continental Zara hotel while on my business trip to Budapest.I attended an event at another hotel and wanted to find accommodation that is not too pricey, but also decent and close to the main venue. After looking the Trip Advisor, my selection was the Continental Zara, close enough and a 4-star hotel with very affordable rate. I booked bed and breakfast. We had the car, and parked it in the hotel garage, while the check-in was very smooth and fast. The rooms are very cozy, with all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay. After a long trip, what I needed was to relax in the wellness. First I used the fitness, pretty good selection of machines (2 treadmills, 1 stepper and two stationary bikes-these are for the cardio, and the rest are the machines typical for the gym). Very clean, water provided, paper tissues and towels). The wellness upstairs consists of several saunas, Jacuzzi and a small swimming pool. Again, very clean and just the proper size for an effective relaxation after a business trip. The cost for fitness and sauna is 6 EUR.
The buffet breakfast is served from 7 AM, and indeed it represents very good quality selection of continental breakfast, Hungarian cheeses, hard cheese, salami, sausages, healthy choices, eggs prepared in a variety of ways, greenery. Selection of bread and buns, and the yogurt which was available as fruit yogurt and natur- a must, must try! Selection of fresh fruit, but what I really liked - the orange juice squeezer, so every morning I started with the fresh orange juice.
Also, coffee at the coffee machine is superb, which is most often not the case, and I'd rather skip that part, and have my coffee elsewhere, but at the Continental Zara the coffee is just great.
Since I was only for two nights, and as I did not really have time to be longer at the property, I can only say that the service, cleanliness, communication with the staff was very good. The check-out smooth and easy. If I happen to go soon again, I will definitely come back to the Continental Zara.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tatjana J
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your detailed description on the hotel. Noone could better and more authentically describe it than a guest with own experiences. I was especially happy to read how much you liked the coffee from the coffee machine. Yes, you are right, most of the time this type of coffee is horrible in hotels, but not in our case!

What I wonder however, that despite such nice compliments our hotel not deserved the highest score. Hopefully when you return you will evaluate us with higher points.

Many thanks and best regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Can't fault the place. Lovely staff. Clean rooms. Good location. Food more than acceptable. We would definitely stay here again. And recommend a stay here for a lovely relaxing time. Rooftop spa and pool is excellent. :-D

2 Thank Le Bert M
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time and efforts on placing this short but suggestive review. This sounds brilliant both for the potential guests and for us too.

Thanks for the great scores and see you again!

Belgium
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed there for 5 days for a city trip. Our room was very clean, so was the rest of the hotel.
The Welness-area was not that big, but nice enough to swim a bit or sit in the jacuzzi.
Breakfast was fantastic, everything filled on, good food and nice drinks. A lot of variety and friendly staff.
I almost cannot find negative points...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and on the wellness area. I must assume you had a pleasant stay with us, you could not even find any negatives, which sounds us very complimenting.

Wish we would deserve the highest scores based on your compliments!

Anyway, many thanks and best regards,
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Well located on the pest side of the river within easy walking distance of the city.
Managed to get a fantastic deal staying for 3 nights with breakfast included (breakfast is self service and has more than enough choice).
Hotel is beautiful and very well maintained.
Service and attention to detail is remarkable.
Highly recommended as a base for exploring the city.

1 Thank Helene H
Dear Helene H,

It is so flattering to read such nice satisfied reviews! On the other hand also very dangerous for potential guests. What happens if we fail or cannot meet the high expectations? Reading some reviews with a score of 4, full with compliments and positive remarks, I have to think that we cannot exceed expectations, which are sometimes too high.

Many thanks for your recommendation!