“lovely modern hotel”

Ranked #39 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Moscow, Russia
“lovely modern hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 5 days in the end of June in this hotel. The hotel is very modern and beautiful. We had the room on the second floor and it was very quiet, the windows were on the courtyards The room was very nice and well equipped, all furniture was very new and convinient. There is a lovely outdoor pool on the roof where we could swim in the evernings. There were practically no people there, so we could enjoy our time there. We could also have sunbaths there, which is also very cute. Breakfasts in the hotel were very good and tasty and the restaurant was very big, and although there were many people we had a feeling that we are almost alone. The stuff of the hotel is very nice and everyone was ready to help us. We liked our stay very much, and if we deside to visit Budapest again we will for sure choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anna D
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Anna D.,

First of all I would like to thank you that you have honored Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior for your Budapest stay and for sharing your positive experience.

It is a great feeling knowing that the comfortable room, the breakfast and our Wellness area contributed to your stay in our Hotel.

Our aim w as to create a green oasis for our guests, to provide an atmosphere, where one can relax and escape from the nosiy city center.

The Wellness area- with indoor and outdoor pools- situated on the top of the hotel is one of the most unique in Budapest, and offers a lovely and beautiful panorama of the city.

It is always nice to read positive comments on our Hotel’s facilities,but the biggest pleasure is your positive Feedback about our staff!

We hope to welcome you again at our Hotel!

Kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent hotel and location. Lovely restaurant ARAZ. All very friendly and very good breakfast.
Would recommend this as the ideal hotel to stay and enjoy food and easy walking to the centre and public transport opitons.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear James69,

First of all let me thank you for your time spent writing your comments about your first stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that your overall impressions of the hotel, the location and the public transportation opportunities were truly excellent and it gives me great pleasure, that you had a chance to try our wonderful lunch and dinner place, the ARAZ Restaurant.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Large warm welcome reception lobby, nice elevator, cool design room, looks new, fresh, wide. No bathtub:(
Swimming pool both indoor and outdoor are cool! Jaccuci is awesome!
Small line of breakfast buffet makes busy morning annoying but those friendly staffs are helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank BukiOnTheRoad
Dear BukiOnTheRoad,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, and we appreciate your comments.

As we do provide rooms with bathtub, as well as with shower, as a reference for your next potential visit, I would suggest you to make a note in your reservation to have a room with a bathtub. As our main goal is to fulfill each and every guest demand – in order to ensure the best possible guest satisfaction – we pay special attention to detail and quality. Thank you for praising our staff and their friendliness, I will definitely tell them, how grateful I am, for serving you on such a high level.

I honestly hope to welcome you back at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior at any future occasions you might have and wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We (my wife and two friends) spent 3 nights at this hotel. Our stay was enjoyable. The hotel is warm and welcoming and the staff were friendly and helpful. English is spoken by almost all the staff which we found convenient. A good spread for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms are good for a 4* city hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gazzali M
Dear Gazzali M,

First and foremost let me thank you for your generous feedback posted on TripAdvisor.com. We all are delighted to know that your visit to Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior was a pleasent experience.
It is my sincere pleasure to learn from your generous review, that the language knowledge, the friendliness and the performance of our well-trained, professional staff were at your satisfaction during your stay. I will definitely thank them for their good customer service. Thank you also for your further comment in regard to our breakfast selection, we keep working hard to ensure that our service constantly meet all guests' expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back, possibly in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

So I'll start with the good...

The staff are wonderful both friendly and attentive. The hotel is beautifully appointed with its grand brass 1ton revolving door which is the entrance to the lobby area which is adorned with plush leather sofas, designer lamps and a black grand piano. As can imagine this then is not a cheap hotel! The pool area 'wellness centre' is also equally as stylish with its grass topped roof and luxury garden furniture, We found out that our room did not include use of this and where promptly charged 6€ for our visit.

Happly our breakfast was included and this was another highlight: plentyful selection of pastries, bread, fruit and cooked items (egg,sausage, bacon, pancakes etc) washed down with fruit juice and coffee by the snappy machines... We also ate at azar on Wednesday for the BBQ which is a must if staying on that day a welcome drink and cocktail get you started and then you are treated to a wonderful selection of soup and salad starters, BBQ'd meats and an array of desserts to finish.

Moving on to the blemishes our room was quite compact especially the bathroom, while there was free wifi coverage throughout the hotel it was painfully slow and had no coverage on the roof by the pool. Not having the wellness centre included in our stay was abit annoying and I would have liked to have known this in advance. Finally the location while not far from the nearest tram/metro stop and having the 78 bus pass the front it is abit out on a limb and is some distance esp. If walking from the main part of town!

Despite the few flaws the hotel has we would defiantly stay here again and recommend it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear RichTandemmaP,

It was a true pleasure to read your review, so generously enriched with the precise details and colorful descriptions of our property, its installations and services we offer to our valued guests. I appreciate your time in completing it.

Your note about our staff, providing personalized service has a great value for us, as we always aim to focus on customer care in order to create a special atmosphere where our guests feel comfortable.

I am very thankful for your compliments, in regard to our restaurant services. No wonder, that our hearty breakfast with wide selection of international and national buffet items, the unique, the open-air BBQ evenings, our Sunday Brunch and the wine dinners, mustering the most excellent Hungarian wines are favourites not only among hotel guests, but also of other tourists, as well as of the local society.

The usage of the wellness center is not included in some of the rates. Certain rates are excluding the complientary usage of the wellness facility in order to offer lower prices, and the fact (that this service is not included) should clearly represented in your confirmation if it was booked by a travel agency.

I know that the only place where the complimentary wifi is not available is the roof top sun terrace, where this request is very rare. We have recently upgraded our data transmission capability, so I hope it cannot be a problem even in high demand periods.

I would like to thank you again for your kind words, your constructive criticism and I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future, and I appreciate your recommendation for future Budapest visitors.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Yes, the first impression is very good - beautifully-designed lobby and friendly staff to start your stay.

And yes - it's expensive.
The affordable rooms are small and do not have the full set of amenieties (like bathrobe or slippers), the design is also simplistic - a miss for 4*superior as they state it.
On the other hand the property is huge and caters for big touristic groups == crowd in the breakfast room and noisy movements around the hotel.
AC in the room is noisy too, which adds to the discomfort.

SPA area is smelly, but maybe that's why they have decided to remodel it recently.

Complex access to the parking, which is also expensive to use.

Internet access is free, but Wi-Fi is based on the legacy technology and is VERY slow. Also the coverage is spotty.

Location is not optimal for the city visit, since you have to wlak quite a while until you reach the nice places. Vaci utca is 40 minutes walk away - quite a while if you want to come back from a nice dinenr there...

Bottom line, not bad, but with so many disadvantages shouldn't be taht exepnsive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Miramaks,

I am really grateful for your stay and receiving your feedback on tripadvisor.com.
Our staff is our biggest asset and their commitment to service standards certainly make all the difference in making the stay with us memorable. I am also delighted to note, that the ambience of the lobby and the hotel was at your satisfaction.
It makes me sad to hear though that other services of our property were not up to your expectations. As a suggestion for your next potential visit, I would recommend you to book the Deluxe Room category. In terms of room rates there is only a slight difference, the room is a bit larger, and with the category you will receive all the amenities above (bathrobe, slippers, tea and coffee making facilities).
In terms of the odour of the wellness area we did not have any complaints so far – I am not quite confident, what could cause the strange smell. The construction works included the installation of a brand new jacuzzi facility in order to broaden our wellness services.
Depending on the route you follow to the city center (Vaci street), it can be forty minutes – that is true. According to our experience the shortest way takes approximately twenty minutes, using an ordinary pace. In the area there are also many valuable sights, restaurants, bars, let me mention for example, that the largest synagoge of Europe is right in our street. Budapest is however not just the Vaci street!
We truly appreciate your stay with us, and I personally made sure, that your feedback has been passed on to the appropriate departments for their follow up and action.

We sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you.

Dublin
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Returned to Budapest for a 5 night stay. Previously stayed at the sister Zara hotel (boutique hotel nr vaci Utca) and knew to expect good service. However we got a much larger room this time (which was a standard room - we arrived late and couldn't use the TA upgrade voucher). Hotel is very nice inside and staff were very helpful. The location is ideal - 12 min walk to Deak ferenc ter and same for Andrassy ut (nr Oktogon) and a 5min walk to the 4/6 tram line which connects to all the main city attractions/ transport. If staying check out Kazinczy Utca (2 streets away) - there is a huge Ruin pub and also many good cheap eats (sandwiches/ Thai/ Mexican etc). Also the main thoroughfare (again 2 streets/ 2min walk) Rakoczi has late night money change/ 24hr supermarkets.

Room Tip: high floor atrium was quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear km991148,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. It makes me extremely delighted, that after you visited our other hotel, you gave a try to the „big sister” and I am especially proud, that we managed to exceed your expectations in regards to the service quality.

I was sorry to hear, that we were not able to consider your tripadvisor voucher. As you probably know, it is always upon availability, and I am sure, that my collegues at the reception are trying their best to accomodate all upgrade demands – and as you can see from other reviews, in most cases requests are approved. From now on we are going to provide a special offer for the patronage of tripadvisor.com: a discount at our restaurant, and massage department – I truly hope, that it will be just as popular as the upgrade opportunity.

Our staff strives to provide each and every guest with an enjoyable and memorable stay, so we are pleased your encounters with our staff were friendly and helpful as well.

I am truly glad, that you found our location to be convenient for visiting the many attractions surrounding us. As Budapest is a fairly „walkable” city, and our hotel is situated just half-way between the two main tourist areas of Heroes Square and the downtown area, it is highly recommended for those, aiming to discover the city. As you mention yourself above, in the area there is a rich selection of restaurants, pubs and bars, „hidden treasures” in the small streets, surrounding the hotel.

I truly hope, that we will have the privilege to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,