“My 'local' whilst on holiday in Pest.”
Review of Cafe Alibi - CLOSED

Cafe Alibi
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A beautiful trendi and charming coffee shop. Fresh bakery, juices, healthy food, sandwiches, speciality coffee. And a terrace.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a very charming, cosy and warm cafe. The food is good and well priced. The servers were friendly and the wine very nice. I recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Alibi is fairly convenient and has a nice 'feel' to it. I was surprised how slack it was for breakfast. The food was good as was the service but there was just something missing which I could not place. I had planned to re-visit the next few days but not having been inspired I will look elsewhere.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Ahhhh- I don't know how you get a better lunch. Food was superb,wait staff quietly efficient and very pleasant. Beautiful setting. A very relaxing lunch. If I lived here rather than Little Rock, AR, this would be my place!

1  Thank Judyjudyjudys
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The best French Toast that I've tasted we'll worth a visit when in BP Lovely outside setting in a great setting

Burmese 888

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been going to this eatery for the last two years as I live around the corner and have sadly watched the service deteriorate as they have expanded and revovated the cafe.

However last Friday surpassed anything which I had witnessed before. We initially ordered two drinks and a coffee. 15 minutes later, the drinks arrived. The coffee was tepid and there was no sugar.I had to get up and fetch this myself from the bar in addition to the ashtray which I had asked her to bring.

Later we attempted to order more drinks. After waiting 10 minutes for someone to take our order (despite some frantic gesturing), finally the waitress deigned to notice us, We ordered two gin and tonics. Another 10 minutes passed before she came back with one drink

I assumed she had not understood me correctly and said that I had ordered two; She simply walked away. At this stage we/re somewhat perplexed as to what is going on. Some minutes later she comes back and announces that there is no more gin and moves brusquely off.

She immediately returns with the bill although we had not asked for it and waits for us to settle immediately. The bill included a 10% service charge. I deducted this and paid only for what we had consumed. When i gave her the money she pointed out that I hadn't paid the service charge. I explained that the service was so bad that I wouldn't pay it. She tried to protest before marching off.

Although we struggled to get anyone's attention all evening, suddenly all eyes were on our table as the waitress recounted the affair to her colleagues. Immediately the manager was over - unbelievably to ask us to pay the service charge!!! The only thing he left with was a detailed appraisal of the service at cafe alibi.

This used to be such a good cafe but it has really lost direction and I certainly won't be returning. Especially as there are so many good cafes and bars in the immediate area where the staff actually make an effort.

1  Thank StephenMc70
cafealibi, Owner at Cafe Alibi, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Stephen!

My name is Laszlo Vagi, I manage the Café Alibi since opening. I regret your you bad experience at my café full hearted. I am greetful for your reponse which helps me to improve my service and get sanction against bad employees, doing harm to my reputation if I am not present.
Let me give you a voicher in amount of 5,000 HUF to my café as a compensation.

Unfortunatelly the large terrace is sometimes hard to manage, we are constantly working on our team and service, but sometimes we just cannot handle the crowd. I appologize again for the behavior of my collegues.

Pls send me an email to info@cafealibi.hu, that you have read the message and I will send the voicher to you.

Best regards,