“Ghost Tour with Orsi”

Free Budapest Tours & Multilingual Guides
Ranked #17 of 292 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Meet Orsi, Dora, Andi, Julia and other local tour guides! We offer free walking tours in English/Spanish, low-cost private tours in many languages and the only Ghost Tour of Budapest. Free tours = only for tips. You need no reservation, just show up! Every day, intimate and interactive, usually in small groups. - Orientation Tour (From Pest to Buda): 10.30 AM. Essential Pest Tour (Faith-Terror-Communism): 2.30 PM. - "Unique and highly professional" (Lonely Planet Budapest 2009).
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ghost Tour with Orsi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I took the Ghost tour with Orsi last week and it was seriously one of the best tours I have EVER been on! She's incredibly knowledgeable, up for any question, a spit fire and just all around lovely and brilliant. I was SICK that I was leaving the following day and couldn't take all her tours! She is simply thee best!

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
nj
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kate was a great tour guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went on the "Essential Pest Faith-Terror-Communism" free walking tour one afternoon and it was a very interesting and informative tour of Pest and its history.

Our guide, Kate was very interesting, friendly and very knowledgeable about Budapest and its history. The tour covers many sites on the Pest side and is very informative but never boring. We also were taken into St. Stephen's Church where Kate had lots of interesting things to show us and many interesting comments. Her personal experiences and stories were also fun to hear. Overall....a great tour and a great tour guide! I would recommend this tour to anyone without any hesitation.

Visited October 2013
Moscow, Russia
3 attraction reviews
“The perfect walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I took the free walking tour to the Buda castle with Orsi today and it was an amazing experience. Not only the views and places are beautiful, but Orsi is an excellent guide. She's knowledgeable, lively, enthusiastic, and a really versatile person too! She also knows all the cool places in Budapest for eating out, drinking out, dancing, and what not. All within a budget. If you have the time, make sure you visit her ghost tour, which is a theatrical performance using the city as authentic decorations.

Rome, Lazio, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Knowledgeable guide, covered a lot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My 10-year-old daughter and I took a walking tour with Dora, and somehow Dora managed to pitch her tour so that it was rich enough with information for the adults, but also interesting for my daughter. We even went in to see St Stephen's miraculously preserved right hand. After the tour, Dora gave us great tips on finding vegetarian restaurants in Budapest. We went to a place she recommended, and it was fantastic. We'll be moving to Budapest in December and I plan to take Dora's tour again to help me get better oriented. I want to know my new city very well!

Ghent, Belgium
“I learned things I wanted to know”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

To my opinion it was a good tour, the guides were, friendly and had a personal aproach towards us. We visited some of the important things to see in the city and there was space for questions and discussions. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to know something more about the history and culture of Hungary!

Visited October 2013